your inputs on building a sound system from the ground up

Participant count
  • Participant list

drodro
10+ year member

hey yall, i need some help.

im rebuilding my car and it needs a sound system that invokes

all the emotions that music was meant to give..

basically i need to know where to put what kinda speakers,

what are todays "good and clear" speakers,

what amps, equalization etc will i need to power it all????

im going for what dr. dre wanted his beats headphones to be.

clarity, and perfect bass so you can hear everything.

all help is appreciated, if you want to point me out to a thread or stiky that has already written about my subject feel free!!!

What kind of car is it going in? What kind of budget? What kind of music do you listen to?

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Well beats are far from any of that but we can help you out... Whats your car' date=' budget, and goal?[/quote']
Beat me to it...

Well beats are far from any of that but we can help you out... Whats your car' date=' budget, and goal?[/quote']lol, yea i wasnt impressed with the beats either, but the idea was what i liked. its going into quite a large and roomy interior.

familiar with 1964 impala? its a two door, but like i said, i could live inside it.

i cant see myself spending more than 2000 for a sound system,

but dont let that keep any options from being said

my goal is to have an awesome experience everytime i hear a song, lol

just like if it were being performed in the vehicle

What kind of car is it going in? What kind of budget? What kind of music do you listen to? 

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Beat me to it...
i listen to 98' to 2009 rap, grunge, rasta, bands like sublime, tool, a perfect cirle, rock, reggaeton ya know pretty much anything but gospel

Well how much of that trunk are you willing to give up? If your looking for a pure SQ system then a large substage wont be needed anyway
you mean like multiple sized subs for all the ranges?

i have a big trunk i could give up a portion of it (the side fender wall area, and where the spare tire usually goes, its about 4feet**and some inches wide by like 1 foot and some change

you mean like multiple sized subs for all the ranges? i have a big trunk i could give up a portion of it (the side fender wall area, and where the spare tire usually goes, its about 4feet**and some inches wide by like 1 foot and some change
No that isnt needed... You will have to get exact dimensions for us at some point to see exactly what sort of subs you can provide the space for...

you mean like multiple sized subs for all the ranges? i have a big trunk i could give up a portion of it (the side fender wall area, and where the spare tire usually goes, its about 4feet**and some inches wide by like 1 foot and some change
i think he means something that's ridiculously powerful won't be necessary if you're goal is sound quality.

No that isnt needed... You will have to get exact dimensions for us at some point to see exactly what sort of subs you can provide the space for...
yea ill get that for ya,

i need bass, but light weight subs would be preferable. maybe a truck sub??

i think he means something that's ridiculously powerful won't be necessary if you're goal is sound quality.
true, im shooting for extravagant sound quality,

but i want sufficient bass too, so when bia bia, or skrillex comes on i can crank it and shake **** lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.