$1,000 First Time System - Need Advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

RCXDerp

Alright, I have a 2000 Toyota Solara, and I would like to get a better audio system. I want a new head unit, speakers, and subwoofer(s). I've never done this before, and as such would like to ask for advice, or suggestions. Also, I'm kind of confused about amp selection, as what would be needed. Overall, I just want my car's system to sound better, and need a few more experienced persons opinion.

What I've been looking at (maybe) - Still need some wiring and amp choice at least... just looking at Crutchfield

Alpine CDE-HD137BT - Head Unit - $219.99

Alpine SPS-610C - 6 3/4s and Tweeters - $129.99

Alpine SPS-619 - 6x9s - $119.99

Alpine SWR-1223D - 2x Subs? - $239.98

Sound Ordnance™ Bass Bunker - Ported Enclosure - $69.99

i would diversify when it comes to the equipment, personally i like pioneer headunits, memphis door speakers, american bass amps and subs, and knukonceptz for wiring. though this time i might try some infinity door speakers since they are on sale right now.

Alright, I have a 2000 Toyota Solara, and I would like to get a better audio system. I want a new head unit, speakers, and subwoofer(s). I've never done this before, and as such would like to ask for advice, or suggestions. Also, I'm kind of confused about amp selection, as what would be needed. Overall, I just want my car's system to sound better, and need a few more experienced persons opinion.
What I've been looking at (maybe) - Still need some wiring and amp choice at least... just looking at Crutchfield

Alpine CDE-HD137BT - Head Unit

Alpine SPS-610C - 6 3/4s and Tweeters

Alpine SPS-619 - 6x9s

Alpine SWR-1223D - 2x Subs?

Sound Ordnance™ Bass Bunker - Enclosure
get off the alpine nut man.

HU is fine I guess.

Id run this. its a great deal right now

Amazon.com: Pioneer DEH-P9400BH Mobile CD Receiver with Built-in Bluetooth and HD Radio Tuner: Car Electronics $140

fronts?

JBL MS-62C (MS62C) 6-1/2" 2-Way MS Component Car Speakers System $180.

rears?

ignore. (stockers) FREE $0

Subs?

Okay at most, but watch this.

2 SSA gcons are great subs. $380ish

Sundown sa 12 $300ish

obsidian subs $280ish

IA Lethal injections. $300ish

AA havoc. $320ish

For a box!? BUILD IT MAN.

you can get great output out of a box you build for $40.

and a design is cheap. $10-25. (more for extensive designs)

roughly youll be at $800. now you need an amp?

look used for deals.

Here's what id do with $1000.

Head unit- Kenwood kdc352u

Speakers- Incriminator Audio I series

Sub- Incriminator Audio Death Row 12"

Amp- Hifonics Brz1200.1

Custom enclosure

i would diversify when it comes to the equipment, personally i like pioneer headunits, memphis door speakers, american bass amps and subs, and knukonceptz for wiring. though this time i might try some infinity door speakers since they are on sale right now.
Thanks for the opinion I'll look around more, the list was more of a round idea.

Thanks for the opinion I'll look around more, the list was more of a round idea.
my total system cost is like 1200 right now and all i lack is an 1/0 amp kit and door speakers. i even bought the box fro mobilesoundworks.com and its a good box not a cheap prefab but the same cost as a prefab.

carstereogiant.com

mobilesoundworks.com

onlinecarstereo.com

ssaudio.com/store

sonixelectronic.com

woofersetc.com

knukonceptz.com

all good sites crutchfield is good to just pricey i bet you could find all the product on your list cheaper elsewhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.