10" SQ Sub with High Output - Sealed Truck Box (FiQ/IDQ/SA-10/D6)

Which 10" SQ sub works best in a sealed custom truck box and still have a high output

• Total voters

qkassidyw
10+ year member

MECP Master Certified
Seattle
I have been reading and trying to decide which subs I want to go with for my 07 F150 SuperCab. I need to buy the rear seat lift kit and I will be building a fiberglass/MDF box to fit under the rear seat. I have decided that I want two (three???) 10" subs to go back there and I want great SQ but also do not want to miss out on the lows.

I realize this is a lot to ask in a sealed box...with tens...and SQ. I would like to hear from those who have actually listened to the following subs to give their opinion:

Fi Q10

IDQ10 (V2? V3? - new model has more power handling...)

SA-10

Diamond D6

All have a reputation for being on the SQ side with good output on the low end but I want to know which ones will work best in a sealed box. I believe I can get the recommended sealed airspace for each sub out of the box I will build so that isn't a problem. Also, one I choose the subwoofers I will decided on a more than suitable amp to power them.

Thanks!

I've heard both the IDQ v3 sealed and the Fi Q sealed. The IDQ (12) was in a smallish sealed box (.75 IIRC), the q was a single 10 in 1.25 cubes IIRC. The IDQ wins out on SQ but I feel the Q got the better of the IDQ on overall performance. the Q sounded good and dug extremely deep sealed which isn't very easy. The Q is designed to get loud in low both ported and sealed so that would eb the direction I would go. if I was going pure SQ, the IDQ would be my choice but I feel the Q wins out for what you are looking for.

I've heard both the IDQ v3 sealed and the Fi Q sealed. The IDQ (12) was in a smallish sealed box (.75 IIRC), the q was a single 10 in 1.25 cubes IIRC. The IDQ wins out on SQ but I feel the Q got the better of the IDQ on overall performance. the Q sounded good and dug extremely deep sealed which isn't very easy. The Q is designed to get loud in low both ported and sealed so that would eb the direction I would go. if I was going pure SQ, the IDQ would be my choice but I feel the Q wins out for what you are looking for.

Thanks, that actually helps a lot.

You should. Blue Scholars are the ****. One of the many good things about going to UW is we get Blue Scholar performances every year for free.

according to winisd the IDQ in a 1.0 box 500 watts will get louder than the FI Q in a .2-.6 box. for the Q to be able to hang with the IDQ in SPL it needs to be .6 to be close and thats off 1000watts.

both very good SQ.

yeah, i have heard the IDQv3 and FI Q in sealed boxes. I would do the Fi Q with 1000rms sealed over the IDQ with 500rms sealed. IDQ preforms better, but the Q will get louder which is what you want. I dont think you will be disappointed with a Q in ~.6cuft sealed with 1krms on it.

according to winisd the IDQ in a 1.0 box 500 watts will get louder than the FI Q in a .2-.6 box. for the Q to be able to hang with the IDQ in SPL it needs to be .6 to be close and thats off 1000watts.
both very good SQ.
The IDQ10v3 in a 1.0 box with 500 watts is a nightmare if your gonna run that much power to one cut the enclosure down to .65-.7 and even then you have to be carefull.

In case if you run into other deals the old-school Solo-Barics and Eclipse aluminum-coned series sounds hella nice in a small sealed box.
Never heard those old school solobarics but have heard lots of good things of them. I realy like the Eclipse Aluminum's. Good advice.

Lower power, the IDQ's are very nice in small enclosures, higher power favors the Fi Q's. They are VERY capable sub woofers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...