100watts 2 much to push components?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by swtguy Will it be ok to push 100 watts to each of my infinity reference 6.5 components? They are rated at 90 watts rms and 270 watts peak(i'm assuming this is to each speaker?). Thanks.
I think give an take 10~20 watts to a 6.5" shouldn't be TOO bad... I heard that infinity drivers were sensitive to overpowering, so get yourself a second and third opinion... and you could always reduce the gain a tad...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I personally think there is no need to give them 100 watts they would sound fine at 75watts and you won't go deaf as quick or worry about blowing them.

Well I got a good deal on an amp that puts out 100 watts per channel bridged x 2 or 37.5 x 4. I actually think i'm gonna use it at 37.5 watts per channel for them and bridge it and use 100 for my sub. Will I notice a huge difference going from a 150 watt amp on the sub to the 100. It is too loud as it is....

Originally posted by swtguy They are rated at 90 watts rms and 270 watts peak(i'm assuming this is to each speaker?). Thanks.
Actually the 90w RMS rating is for both the tweeter and the woofer together.

The 37.5w will push the components well. The Reference Series works

well with lower amounts of power.

You probably won't notice a big difference between 100w and 150w

on your subwoofer. And if it's too loud already you will be fine with

100w compared to 150w.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.