12's not loud before enclosure???

zaid990
10+ year member

Foco, CO
hey i just bought 2 rockford p1s412's and a power acoustik bamf 1250 amp but i dont have the box yet ( im planning on making a vented enclosure tuned to 36 hz) so i wired everything up today just to test and see if everything works, and when the subs were running they vibrated a whole lot ( probably from top to bottom about 2 inches) but they werent loud, and when i stepped away from the car you couldnt hear anything, will it sound better when i put them in the box??

for real though. a good box is a bigger deal than the actual subs you have, so yeah, you need a box. i'll get them hummin' for pretty cheap if you will drive the hour to denver.

lol noo i just wired them up to see if everything worked, if not so i would return it....hah i know what would happen if i plugged them into a wall socket!!! so will it sound better if i put them in a box (im going to put them in regardless) or should i start lookin for subs again??

hey i just bought 2 rockford p1s412's and a power acoustik bamf 1250 amp but i dont have the box yet ( im planning on making a vented enclosure tuned to 36 hz) so i wired everything up today just to test and see if everything works, and when the subs were running they vibrated a whole lot ( probably from top to bottom about 2 inches) but they werent loud, and when i stepped away from the car you couldnt hear anything, will it sound better when i put them in the box??
They are defective, send them back. Be sure to tell the sales person exactly how you determined they were faulty, and explain that you paid for more db's than that. Threaten to get the police involved if they refuse, and/or laugh hysterically. Their laughter will let you know you have them right where you want them.

And take pics.

lol noo i just wired them up to see if everything worked, if not so i would return it....hah i know what would happen if i plugged them into a wall socket!!! so will it sound better if i put them in a box (im going to put them in regardless) or should i start lookin for subs again??
i'll say it again. the design and build quality of whatever box you get, will make a dramatic difference in what you get out of your system. either build a custom box yourself, or have someone do it for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.