15" RD HW vs. 15" HDC3

Dont worry... If all works out well... I will have a HDC315..
And all you guys know what I put subs through...... And I have clean signals and lots of boxes to test.... So 5KW here we come..... But I think we all know whats gonna happen after a few seconds....

If it cant play Lil Jon Throw It up all the way through at full tilt..... Then it isnt a strong enough sub for me....
That would easy for me as I couldn't listen to "throw up" for more then a few seconds anyway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Personally I'd be looking more into increasing cone area vs power handling for playing crap rap full tilt all day long //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

so now you back track. Now it isn't 5K to the sub. It is 2-3K?? Big jump there Mr. 5K. Now if we can get you to come out and say how many subs there were, we will be on a roll to setting you free my child.
dont be a hater homie, go read my post. I've never met Jeremia but i can totally back up his claim.

Dont worry... If all works out well... I will have a HDC315..
And all you guys know what I put subs through...... And I have clean signals and lots of boxes to test.... So 5KW here we come..... But I think we all know whats gonna happen after a few seconds....

If it cant play Lil Jon Throw It up all the way through at full tilt..... Then it isnt a strong enough sub for me....
LOL...... just select "quote" on my post.... copy what shows in the box... then paste it in your sig....
Lets Drink together!!
sounds good to me...gotta go go do the normal workout at the gym, and than its beer: 30

Well in my experience, and are team torture tests everything, We couldnt keep RD together, They had to recone 50 subs or better at usaci finals. AQ reconed 0!, in are street beat 1 car he had RD HW and they kept blowing we used 1 aq and 1 rd for him to run, cause thats all we had, 9k per woofer, the rd hw locked up inside of 10 sec the aq lasted the whole 30 sec and was warm to the touch, and woofer still works to this day. Different woofers act different in different enviorments. I can assure you that in the right box the aq will do more than just stand up to the RD, it will show it a thing or two, We have tested with over 2200 to each of the sdc 2.5s with out a single failurer, its all in how you test, and taking care of things. 4 aq 10s and 4 3500s burp 161db, steet beat a real music song, not a tone at 159db. RD did well in the burp lanes, but in the street beat format, WON NOTHING DD/AQ won 1st, in sb 1,2, and second in 3 didnt, have a car in 4 or 5. Proof is in the pudding. Anyone want to test us?

getting in a little late in the topic, but I ran 2 hdc 15's with aluminum coils on 2 massive p3000's and the only way I was able to get any smell was to play the intro song on the young jeezy's "the inspiration" full tilt all the way through.

Well in my experience, and are team torture tests everything, We couldnt keep RD together, They had to recone 50 subs or better at usaci finals. AQ reconed 0!, in are street beat 1 car he had RD HW and they kept blowing we used 1 aq and 1 rd for him to run, cause thats all we had, 9k per woofer, the rd hw locked up inside of 10 sec the aq lasted the whole 30 sec and was warm to the touch, and woofer still works to this day. Different woofers act different in different enviorments. I can assure you that in the right box the aq will do more than just stand up to the RD, it will show it a thing or two, We have tested with over 2200 to each of the sdc 2.5s with out a single failurer, its all in how you test, and taking care of things. 4 aq 10s and 4 3500s burp 161db, steet beat a real music song, not a tone at 159db. RD did well in the burp lanes, but in the street beat format, WON NOTHING DD/AQ won 1st, in sb 1,2, and second in 3 didnt, have a car in 4 or 5. Proof is in the pudding. Anyone want to test us?
thats some interestin facts right there....but why were all the rds failing when even a wallsocket wasn't ending them:confused:

I think that comment applies to every single person on this forum...
probably true, just that some come across as bigger cocksuckers then others do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I think I am going to give the alum coils a try. Just going to run 2 hdc 18s, and then clip the amp, and see what kind of power they can take..

thats some interestin facts right there....but why were all the rds failing when even a wallsocket wasn't ending them:confused:
cuz a wall socket is not enough power and it is in a higher frequency range so it is very efficient power. a wallsocket shouldnt do any damage to any half decent subwoofer that is built to take power.

if you guys wanna talk about accomplishments with AQ i have some to share,

2008 Db Drag Finals in Indianapolis,

156.6 db - my Street B set up - three HDC3 10's on pair of cactus 5kw amps - loudest in north america (6100 clamped RMS)

155.1 db's - buddy's Street A set up - two HDC3 10's on one American Bass 1000.1 amp - 3rd at finals (5500 clamped RMS)

154.1 db's - my team mates Street A set up - two HDC3 10's on one Cactus 7wk in a Toyota Yaris. (5000 clamped RMS)

zero subwoofer failures

I saw NO RD set ups period. It was mostly AQ/DD and some loud American Bass set ups.

DJ's **** is the ****.

so now you back track. Now it isn't 5K to the sub. It is 2-3K?? Big jump there Mr. 5K. Now if we can get you to come out and say how many subs there were, we will be on a roll to setting you free my child.
It was on one sub. That is what most people would call 5kw daily. 5kw worth of amps at the lowest rated nominal impedance. Of course it's not going to be true 5kw after rise.

If you want to talk about a true 5kw at 32 hz.....no it probably won't do it. Neither will the RD HW. Hate to burst your bubble. I have nothing against RD at all. Solid product. Myself and a good friend of mine attempted to get the SHW 12 (1 step ABOVE the HW) to handle a rock solid 5kw clamped, with two 5kw amps strapped on it. The sub actually held up so so....dying after about a month or so of careful testing, and some daily driving. We couldn't get anywhere near a true 5kw on it though without if bottoming out and trying to have puppies. Especially on the low notes. We tried several different boxes. The cone creased, and eventually lost a coil. We weren't dissappointed in the sub life givin the extreme amount of power we were trying to run, but we never were able to produce a louder score than the AQ on less than half the power. Just facts.

I thought I might see you in here. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I've heard this story from several different people now. I wasn't there, but believe it to be 100% true based on the number of people I have heard it from.

Sup Jeremiah.

And please no one take anything I said as a dis.

RD Audio kicked ass in the burp lanes. had some issues but he was their to support his people. Good Job

AQ did equally as well in the sb lanes just didnt see the failures, a lot of people get into these matches of what is better, and to be 100% honest, every test, in every application is gonna be different.

When you chose a woofer, you have constraints, power, money, size, space, you chose what is best for you and your applications. What do you like, ford /chevy....

ok, so I just got off the phone,

To Clairy

RD did not recone 50 woofers at finals, I do not know the specific number so I wont make a blanket statement. A lot of the woofers where blown b4 finals and he was fixing them on the spot big ups.

Again, there was no dis respect itended, some got all heated.

and in correction RD Audio won sb4 class, Kenny Coleman.

all i know the audioque hdc3 10's i used at finals are 110% better than any other equipment ive ever used. i have ran crazy amounts of power on them time after time with ZERO issues. i personaly seen at finals the 2 differant 10's playing at finals in this one car. i know what one still works fine......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

da box king

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
da box king
Portland, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date