15s facing the cabin

phemps
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
PA
So Ive been walled for the last few years and 5 different setups. I recently purchased a new car (Chevy impala) and unfortunately Im not ready to tear it apart so im gonna have to stick with a trunk setup for now:crap: In order to satisfy my desire for high spl and to accommodate for the lack in cone area i can use, im going to attempt 2 15s ported into the cabin and sealed off from the trunk. Anyone doing it big out of the trunk like this? id like to see some setups. Im thinking about trying two ssa evil 15s each on a bc3500, possibly both at a half ohm if they can handle it:naughty:

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

This will be daily music btw i dont do fart boxes

So Ive been walled for the last few years and 5 different setups. I recently purchased a new car (Chevy impala) and unfortunately Im not ready to tear it apart so im gonna have to stick with a trunk setup for now:crap: In order to satisfy my desire for high spl and to accommodate for the lack in cone area i can use, im going to attempt 2 15s ported into the cabin and sealed off from the trunk. Anyone doing it big out of the trunk like this? id like to see some setups. Im thinking about trying two ssa evil 15s each on a bc3500, possibly both at a half ohm if they can handle it:naughty:[color="Silver"b---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

[/color]This will be daily music btw i dont do fart boxes
no help from me... BUT this ^^^ I wanna hear //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

no help from me... BUT this ^^^ I wanna hear //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
hah yea going to the trunk is devastating for me, 4 15s is the least cone area ive had in a long time but im gonna have some fun seeing how loud i can get out of the trunk. revisiting my roots i guess haha. im interested to see how these evils preform def wanna try them out

hah yea going to the trunk is devastating for me, 4 15s is the least cone area ive had in a long time but im gonna have some fun seeing how loud i can get out of the trunk. revisiting my roots i guess haha. im interested to see how these evils preform def wanna try them out
I've heard 2 skar zvx 15's on a IA 40.1 in the trunk of an accord... Subs up, ported back. If I recall correctly, he was hitting a high 151, low 152 peaking at 34 hz... I can't imagine, 2 evils sealed off on 2 3500's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

I've heard 2 skar zvx 15's on a IA 40.1 in the trunk of an accord... Subs up, ported back. If I recall correctly, he was hitting a high 151, low 152 peaking at 34 hz... I can't imagine, 2 evils sealed off on 2 3500's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif
WUTT this is hard to believe.... ha i want evidence. I mean im not a meter guy i just like to get loud as fuck, but i may get a meter eventually to just be able to play around with things and see how everything reacts on the meter opposed to by ear.

WUTT this is hard to believe.... ha i want evidence. I mean im not a meter guy i just like to get loud as fuck, but i may get a meter eventually to just be able to play around with things and see how everything reacts on the meter opposed to by ear.
Let me do some snooping and see if I can find a video... It's walled now with 4 zvx 15's on the same ia 40.1 in the accord doing a 155 flat at like 36... Only clamping 800 per sub...

Let me do some snooping and see if I can find a video... It's walled now with 4 zvx 15's on the same ia 40.1 in the accord doing a 155 flat at like 36... Only clamping 800 per sub...
Duh fuqqq. gotta be a port score.... haha interested...

I've been considering sealing off my trunk with 2 12s. Interested for some more info
Ive seen alot of nice dual twelve setups sealed into the trunk.. 15s may be hard to squeeze though. Although my opening is BIG like i considered doing one of my aq hdc4 18s the same way. but it would be impossible to get the sub out as id have to build it in the trunk with the sub already mounted to the front baffle

Ive seen alot of nice dual twelve setups sealed into the trunk.. 15s may be hard to squeeze though. Although my opening is BIG like i considered doing one of my aq hdc4 18s the same way. but it would be impossible to get the sub out as id have to build it in the trunk with the sub already mounted to the front baffle
Yeah I definitely wouldn't be able to squeeze 2 15s into a sealed set up. The opening isn't very big at all in my car. I've been thinking about rebuilding my box with a center port and cutting a hole in the armrest area of the backseat for when I have to have the backseats up (which isn't very often). Would you use expanding foam to seal it off? Or what?

Yeah I definitely wouldn't be able to squeeze 2 15s into a sealed set up. The opening isn't very big at all in my car. I've been thinking about rebuilding my box with a center port and cutting a hole in the armrest area of the backseat for when I have to have the backseats up (which isn't very often). Would you use expanding foam to seal it off? Or what?
It all depends on how everything will end up working out with my design, ive used expanding foam to seal off beauty panels of walls and it could sure be useful in the trunk setup, or even some fiberglassing. but again thats something ill worry about when i know what the front baffle will be like and how it meets up with the opening.

It all depends on how everything will end up working out with my design, ive used expanding foam to seal off beauty panels of walls and it could sure be useful in the trunk setup, or even some fiberglassing. but again thats something ill worry about when i know what the front baffle will be like and how it meets up with the opening.
Well I'll be looking out for some progress on this. Hopefully I can get started on mine in a week or 2

Well I'll be looking out for some progress on this. Hopefully I can get started on mine in a week or 2
nice man make a log! Ive never made a build log i do everything in the shadows because im too lazy to take pictures ha. but this will be a little while for me, ill most likely start with 1 15, because i have one 3500 now, and im working on all the electrical. grabbing a 300 amp alt from EA, picking up all the batts, and doing a couple more 1/0 runs to the back. I also want to get my front stage all done before i get both of those obviously hah

nice man make a log! Ive never made a build log i do everything in the shadows because im too lazy to take pictures ha. but this will be a little while for me, ill most likely start with 1 15, because i have one 3500 now, and im working on all the electrical. grabbing a 300 amp alt from EA, picking up all the batts, and doing a couple more 1/0 runs to the back. I also want to get my front stage all done before i get both of those obviously hah
I'm the same way lol. I might make a small one though. I've been putting off glassing my door panels for too long now. A log would probably motivate me to get started on those too so I can run some 8" mids up front. If I make one then you gotta make one cuz I really wanna see where you're going with your build bro

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.