1800T and 1 Dual 2 Ohm Sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

Boomin Granny
10+ year member

St. Louis
I tried to search for the answer but couldn't find Soo if anyone knows if I can hook up each VC on say a Brahma to each "channel" on a Tsunami 1800T. I don't understand how this amp needs to be wired cuz it is a mono amp, but has 2 "channels", and I want to run at 2 ohms.

you cant get a 2 ohm load, only 1 or 4

that amp isnt 1 ohm stable, so you have to wire to 4 ohms. The amp is one channel, those connectors are simply paralleled inside the amp.

Soo even if I hook one 2 ohm VC to one of the 2 ohm inputs and another 2 ohm VC to the other 2 Ohm input, That wouldn't work. I bought this amp thinking it was a traditional mono-block and I could parallel 2 4 Ohm Subs, but that didn't work, Soo I was looking at a Brahma or a XXX, 15D2 which I can get used for like $300, but it seems like that wouldn't work, soo should I be getting (2)D4 or something like that?

those are not 2 seperate inputs, they are the same. It is a standard mono-block. If you want, you can completely disregard one set of terminals, it makes no difference. If you want to run 2 subs, you need either 2 single voice coil 4 ohm subs, or 2 dual voice coil 2 ohm subs. either way you can get a 2 ohm final load on that amp. One dual voice coil 4 ohm sub will work also.

You have to have a final load of 2ohms, the only way to do it with 2 subs is to have 2x 2ohm dvc subs. Other than that a single sub set up with a dual 4ohm vcs will work too. The 2nd set of terminals is just there so you dont have to cram 2 8awg wires into one 8awg space, just makes it alittle easier but confusing if you think you are getting a mono block amp, but you have 2 sets of terminals. I wondered the same when I got my brutus.

You have to have a final load of 2ohms, the only way to do it with 2 subs is to have 2x 2ohm dvc subs. Other than that a single sub set up with a dual 4ohm vcs will work too. The 2nd set of terminals is just there so you dont have to cram 2 8awg wires into one 8awg space, just makes it alittle easier but confusing if you think you are getting a mono block amp, but you have 2 sets of terminals. I wondered the same when I got my brutus.
Soo If I got a single D4 I could either hook each VC to each input for a 2 ohm load, or Wire VC's in parallel and then just connect to one set of terminals, and leave the other alone for a 2 ohm load?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.