1965 C10 System Design with Vintage Head Unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

viper_gts_acr

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello everyone. I have a 1965 C10 truck that I currently have an aftermarket system in. Basically kick panels, single amp and 2 10's. I want to change it up a bit and get with the times. I do not want to cut the dash so I want to continue using a vintage classic stereo that has bluetooth and obviously RCA's out. My thought here was to go from that to a DSP for more control to the amp or amps. If I could put it under the dash I would even consider running a preamp for a bit more on the fly control. Since seat depth is an issue I would have to stay with a sub that is most likely pretty shallow. I have 2 rockford shallow 10's now that sound decent running off of a Soundstream amp. The kick panels have 6.5" coax's currently and I would probably build new kicks to house the separates. I want it to be loud as I enjoy my music, I was an 8 15's guy back in my way younger years and had a lot of other stereos through those years! Any recommendations on all of those components or something you would do differently? All hardware can be replaced in this build that I am currently running. I was quoted by a local shop about 8 months ago around 10k all in. Obviously there was some decent hardware being used but a lot of fabrication going on as well.

do not want to cut the dash so I want to continue using a vintage classic stereo that has bluetooth and obviously RCA's out
There are bluetooth amplifiers. You can just use your phone or an I Pod as the music source and not touch the radio.
Screenshot_20240322-000642.png

Screenshot_20240322-000618.png

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...