1990 chevy c1500 aftermarket HU intall help

Participant count
  • Participant list

chornet44
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
tx
Ive got a 1990 chevy truck and i pulled out the radio and equalizer to install a CD player and dont know where to wire it in. there is some kind of box about 10x8x3 inches under the dash and that is where the radio and equalizer plugged into but the harness i got from autozone does not fit this(could be wrong harness). what is the box and do i need to plug into that or pull that out and do something else. I have installed alot of cd players and its usually pretty straight forward but whatever chevy did in this year truck has me confused. point me in the right direction please.

yep. you can also buy a pocket to replace your digital display next to the gauge cluster (if you have it). And no antenna adapter is needed on that car. You can just pull off the gm tip.

I hate that fuckin truck. Specifically trying to get out the metal factoryradio support behind there. I usually grab tin snips and just cut that bitch out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.