2.25in depth components to go with 8in midbass

anmol_da_great
10+ year member

seattle
so for my 03 acura tl i want to go with a very stealth setup to replace the horrible bose system.

i already picked up a kicker rmb8 to replace the 8in bose subwoofer

this is the biggest sub i could fit without having to cut or remove the torsion bar for the trunk which i need. so i know theres not a whole lot of thump with only like 175 watts or so going to this mid bass subwoofer.

so now i'm looking for a high quality set of components and amp to go with it. the biggest mids i can fit are 6.5in with 2.25in depth and i'm going to custom mount a tweeter in the door panel. i was originally planning on dls up6is but then found out theyre too big.

i want to use a single 3 or 4 ch amp. other than that and having around 400 watts i have no idea what else to look for in an amp.

i mostly listen to hip hop and reggae.

thanks for any and all responses.

For amps I'd say an arc audio ks 300.4.(4 channel) For speakers I'd say hertz hsk 165's or morel tempo 6. Not sure what the mounting depth is on them though. If u want to u can check. Those are some quality speakers. I'll let u know if I can find the depth.

I didn't even think about that, anyways the diamond audio hex s600s has a mounting depth of 2 1/8 inches. onlinecarstereo.com has them on sale for $199. They are great speakers. I used to have a set and loved them.

I didn't even think about that, anyways the diamond audio hex s600s has a mounting depth of 2 1/8 inches. onlinecarstereo.com has them on sale for $199. They are great speakers. I used to have a set and loved them.
Yeah, I hear good reviews for the hex's.

its 2.25 with a mounting ring already.

and those diamonds look really nice.

do you think they'll mate up nicely to my weak subwoofer? i dont want the highs and mids to be totally drowning out my lows.

and why the arc audio 300.4? does it really matter what amp i get with it as long as its high quality?

I have the same problem with my S-10.

I think the Rainbow SLC line will fit. Another choice is the space line by hertz. I have the space 8 set...it's an 8" midbass with less than 2.25" mounting depth.

its 2.25 with a mounting ring already.
and those diamonds look really nice.

do you think they'll mate up nicely to my weak subwoofer? i dont want the highs and mids to be totally drowning out my lows.

The diamonds sound fantastic and have excellant midbass so they'll blend in with your sub. I used to have a set and honestly they were great speakers.

and why the arc audio 300.4? does it really matter what amp i get with it as long as its high quality?
Well, you said you wanted quality so I recommended the arc, they're great amps and they are resonibly priced as well. I'm getting 3 from a guy in this forum for way cheaper than woofersetc.com has them and I'm getting a warranty. If your interested pm me and I'll give you his screename so you can deal with him. I won't steer you wrong, he's a great guy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.