200$ for o gen 370a universal case alt?

Participant count
  • Participant list

els1989

CarAudio.com Elite
Minnesota
Worth the risk if not knowing if it's gonna be in working condition? 6-12 mounting pattern debating picking up for my Tacoma... Looks to be a large case alt but hard to tell from just photos ...

Date on the alt was August or September 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I'll be picking it up Monday... Hoping it works... But all I'm gonna need is probably to add a washer for a spacer on my block... A lot of guys have been using Cadillac fleet wood Alts in large case swaps in tacomas

As soon as it's in my possession I will.... I'm just hoping it is what the guy claims it is

[quote name='Massive spl']I'd buy it. Ohio gen alts should run forever.. @papermaker I've seen 350a small case alts.. Excessive amperage makes them[/QUOTE]

impressive. i didn't know they did. i'd imagine they use some rare eath magnets and some seriously heavy duty diodes to cram that in a small case.

Idk if I'd want one in a small case you'd think they would get a lot hotter and have a shorter life

The two on my truck are large case... The one sitting on top is small case 350... I sent it back to get matching large cases because Nate at excessive forgot I had large case..... He said mine are the last large cases he's making and he's going to make all small case 350s.... The small case is only alittle bit smaller.

And this pic. Large case on left. And two small cases on right

the ea alts certainly do look promising with some high quality components..super dense windings. i just hate how expensive alternators are

the ea alts certainly do look promising with some high quality components..super dense windings. i just hate how expensive alternators are

Excessive 350a hairpin was $550 powder coated

DC power was $600+

Mechman 370a was like $700

Singer 350a NOT hairpin was $550 and adulbrich paid like $850 for his singer 370a

Ohio gen 350a was $550

Yep, alternators are not cheap. My Singer 370 was $850 like he said, plus I had to get a different regulator for $50, so it ended up being $900

My boss said he'd sell me the alternator test bench for $1,500 because he paid $3,000 for it. I've got $1,600 saved up right now, but don't want to spend that.

I think I'm going to move out next Friday. Seth, a friend of a friend, bought a house in town. My friend Kenny is currently living with him and pays rent monthly. I talked to him today and asked if they've got an extra room and how much it would be. He said the basement is empty and it would be $250 a month.

Working a small amount of hours, I already make $400+ every two weeks. When Summer starts, I can work more than 40 hours a week and roll in the money before I leave for college.

Living with Seth and Kenny, I've got no rules, lol. I can have Tara over any time, even to spend the night. My mom hates Tara and said she's not allowed in our house anymore, lol. Also, my mom said I couldn't fully wall my truck and still live under this roof. I "had to be able to see out the back". Now I can do a full and true 4th order wall //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I make more than enough to support myself for a few months before going to Iowa.

Can't wait for next week!

Sorry to get off topic. Just my train of thought

I know I paid 660 for my mechman 370 elite in my gmc and have 250 invested in a stock rebuild in my Tacoma but it's just **** idle amperage... I had to set my idle at 1k to get any charge

Good golly she's new AF 2 bills for a 300+ Ohio gen.... Whada steal... Time for a retrofit on the Tacoma and maybe the m4 lol

fa86de27ae437595ad46ae19f16cb2c7.jpg

d88f84e30b36f1d717aa498e9d7041d9.jpg

19375e46c2cfc3b1dbac280642b90370.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.