2000 Camry Build

Down4Sound JP234 is a nice amplifier, at $299, great buy.​

I was thinking about a game plan on the trunk. I wonder how it would work out putting a small electric heater in there and some of the butyl squares to warm everything up then apply till it cools then repeat. Anything I should be concerned about? Fuel tank is under the back seat so no worries there.
Put about 10/12 sheets in the oven, on lowest setting. Once it reaches about 170 turn it off and let it sit and then use the heat gun to heat up the surface, should not be able to blow anything up that way... Lol

If you have room for it and its within your budget? Why not? I havent ran any, but have heard a few, and people seem to like them? Customer service may be an issue as stated in the future if needed? Ive been running a CT Sounds 150.4 and its been a dammned good smaller chassis mids and highs amp. Might look at that? Several others to consider. Find what you really want and the Christmas sales would be a great time to purchase
The Down4Sound JP234 is a good amplifier, I think a Korean design made in china too. Much like the DS18 EXL line. That is a great price for a great piece of gear.

I have the same one and have shrunk more heat shrink tubing when building subs on the lead connections then I can count and it’s still going strong!
Good cheap heat gun man. I like my Wagner one also and has been serving well for me. DEFF. cant go wrong with having one in the tool arsenal/tool box

Down4Sound JP234 is a nice amplifier, at $299, great buy.​

Put about 10/12 sheets in the oven, on lowest setting. Once it reaches about 170 turn it off and let it sit and then use the heat gun to heat up the surface, should not be able to blow anything up that way... Lol
Deff smell the house out.LOL. Just buy a heat gun and not have to worry about trying to run out and lay that chit warm at best from the oven, and deal with the smell of burnt rubber for a day or two indoors. Chit!!!
Disgusted Season 3 GIF by Paramount+

Deff smell the house out.LOL. Just buy a heat gun and not have to worry about trying to run out and lay that chit warm at best from the oven, and deal with the smell of burnt rubber for a day or two indoors. Chit!!!
Disgusted Season 3 GIF by Paramount+
Nah, doesn't get hot enough, done it a hundred times. Using the same Siles stuff too. Set it at warm, or 150 if you can, never creates any smell at all. Once at that temp, it stays for awhile, reheat if needed. I still use the heat gun on the metal in the car, helps speed up the process a lot! You can start heating up the metal surface, come back with a warm piece of mat, warm up the surface again, apply, works great.

Last edited:
Nah, doesn't get hot enough, done it a hundred times. Using the same Siles stuff too. Set it at warm, or 150 if you can, never creates any smell at all. Once at that temp, it stays for awhile, reheat if needed. I still use the heat gun on the metal in the car, helps speed up the process a lot! You can start heating up the metal surface, come back with a warm piece of mat, warm up the surface again, apply, works great.
At my age. id forget the oven being on and doing other stuff, and have a cloud formation and soot along with it.LOL 🤣 🤣:poop:!!!!

I was thinking about a game plan on the trunk. I wonder how it would work out putting a small electric heater in there and some of the butyl squares to warm everything up then apply till it cools then repeat. Anything I should be concerned about? Fuel tank is under the back seat so no worries there.
Heat what, the deadener? I think you all are nuts on this one. First, I wouldn't even use a heatgun, let alone go and buy one. It's not going to heat evenly, and that's going to be annoying. It doesn't need to be that hot. You can leave it inside until you're ready to use it, and that will be good enough to make it pliable.

If you really wanted to heat it: You can put it over the oven, use a hairdryer, put it on top of the dryer, hang it near an air vent. If you have a water heater cabinet, or interior furnace you could lay it next to. You could set it near an iron, put it in the bathroom with you, an electric blanket, heat a baking sheet and lay it on that, lay it on a warm hood.

Heat what, the deadener? I think you all are nuts on this one. First, I wouldn't even use a heatgun, let alone go and buy one. It's not going to heat evenly, and that's going to be annoying. It doesn't need to be that hot. You can leave it inside until you're ready to use it, and that will be good enough to make it pliable.

If you really wanted to heat it: You can put it over the oven, use a hairdryer, put it on top of the dryer, hang it near an air vent. If you have a water heater cabinet, or interior furnace you could lay it next to. You could set it near an iron, put it in the bathroom with you, an electric blanket, heat a baking sheet and lay it on that, lay it on a warm hood.
Deff use a heat gun to get CHIT TO STICK AND STAY IN PLACE. Just peeling off the protective sticky layer and applying and rolling your azz off is a workout and will come loose in about a year. Ive done more than my want shares of deadening a vehicle, and having one come back another Tech at a shop just laid and rolled it,and all jacked up. Pieces fallen in the door cavities and now stuck when the door is warm from the sun and not usable on 1/2 of whats there. What a Fkn Mess man. It doesnt have to be melting Gooey to use that heat gun Just warm enough to make a easier role and have it stick so you dont have to worry about it in the future and work your azz off trying to cold roll it to stick and stay in place or contour to the changes in the metal. But Hey?? Do as you will. Ill stick to my methods. At least I am satisfied and not worried my chits peeling back and not mended to the door frames and floor contours and sticking to each piece. I learned my expensive lesson years ago when that stuff first came out in my time.
Just trying to save a headache,cut up fingers,and from having to re-do sh##. Half the stuff you buy these days doesnt stick on its own right out of the box to a prepped cleaned surface or is easy to apply.
Just my 0.02 Cents worth and experiencing and installing this stuff for more than 20 years worth. Best on your end sir

Deff use a heat gun to get CHIT TO STICK AND STAY IN PLACE. Just peeling off the protective sticky layer and applying and rolling your azz off is a workout and will come loose in about a year. Ive done more than my want shares of deadening a vehicle, and having one come back another Tech at a shop just laid and rolled it,and all jacked up. Pieces fallen in the door cavities and now stuck when the door is warm from the sun and not usable on 1/2 of whats there. What a Fkn Mess man. It doesnt have to be melting Gooey to use that heat gun Just warm enough to make a easier role and have it stick so you dont have to worry about it in the future and work your azz off trying to cold roll it to stick and stay in place or contour to the changes in the metal. But Hey?? Do as you will. Ill stick to my methods. At least I am satisfied and not worried my chits peeling back and not mended to the door frames and floor contours and sticking to each piece. I learned my expensive lesson years ago when that stuff first came out in my time.
Just trying to save a headache,cut up fingers,and from having to re-do sh##. Half the stuff you buy these days doesnt stick on its own right out of the box to a prepped cleaned surface or is easy to apply.
Just my 0.02 Cents worth and experiencing and installing this stuff for more than 20 years worth. Best on your end sir
I didn't say it didn't need to be warm, I don't think it needs to be hot. He is in Louisiana, and not somewhere there is snow on the ground. When it gets too hot, it becomes gooey, and is a PITA to work with. When it becomes too pliable and you're trying to do hard to reach inner door skins, it will fold over.

Maybe you all are using heat guns after you lay it down. I've never done that. Never needed to when it's already hot out.

The fact is, that aluminum covering dissipates heat quite fast. Heating it in the oven to about 150 degrees only makes it pliable, not gooey. By the time you carry it out to the garage and re-heat the metal surface, it is just about perfect for molding it. I have found that if you're trying to lay it up in areas where you can't really get to it an roll it properly, then using a spray or roll on deadener might be the next best thing. Don't want it falling back and binding up the windows when your trying to use them, that is a problem.

I've use the E-dead roll-on stuff years ago for hard to reach places up under rear and front fender wells, etc. Anyone have any suggestions on spray or roll on type dampener for really hard to reach inner door or inner fender panel areas?

The fact is, that aluminum covering dissipates heat quite fast. Heating it in the oven to about 150 degrees only makes it pliable, not gooey. By the time you carry it out to the garage and re-heat the metal surface, it is just about perfect for molding it. I have found that if you're trying to lay it up in areas where you can't really get to it an roll it properly, then using a spray or roll on deadener might be the next best thing. Don't want it falling back and binding up the windows when your trying to use them, that is a problem.

I've use the E-dead roll-on stuff years ago for hard to reach places up under rear and front fender wells, etc. Anyone have any suggestions on spray or roll on type dampener for really hard to reach inner door or inner fender panel areas?
To me: now you're just getting silly with it. If I want to warm up the metal, I have this marvelous tool I use, called the Sun.

When it's 110+ out, then I actually have to leave the deadener inside until I'm ready to use it, because it becomes gooey, and it's just too flimsy to use. My stuff is still perfect after 10 years. (I've also had cheap stuff put on in the heat, and barely last a few years).

Last edited:
I didn't say it didn't need to be warm, I don't think it needs to be hot. He is in Louisiana, and not somewhere there is snow on the ground. When it gets too hot, it becomes gooey, and is a PITA to work with. When it becomes too pliable and you're trying to do hard to reach inner door skins, it will fold over.

Maybe you all are using heat guns after you lay it down. I've never done that. Never needed to when it's already hot out.
It does get cold in LA as well as TX where Im at??? Especially this time of the year up until March even?. Especially if you do not have a heated workshop or garage to work out of🙄🙄🙄

As for inner door skin areas... There are attachments to add to just about any heat gun that is interchangeable if youve ever used or bought one?(apparently not,which leads me to think you have never used one??) Nozzles ect. You would be surprised at what interchangeable attachments you can find and use for a heat gun to get to most areas working on ,with a simple searching.

I cut , lay heat and roll.. wheather its hot outside or not or even in the shop or garage period. I cant give you a count of how may vehicles Ive done over the years, but its quite q few.

Amazon product ASIN B07D7WYQCP

It does get cold in LA as well as TX where Im at??? Especially this time of the year up until March even?. Especially if you do not have a heated workshop or garage to work out of🙄🙄🙄

As for inner door skin areas... There are attachments to add to just about any heat gun that is interchangeable if youve ever used or bought one?(apparently not,which leads me to think you have never used one??) Nozzles ect. You would be surprised at what interchangeable attachments you can find and use for a heat gun to get to most areas working on ,with a simple searching.

I cut , lay heat and roll.. wheather its hot outside or not or even in the shop or garage period. I cant give you a count of how may vehicles Ive done over the years, but its quite q few.

Amazon product ASIN B07D7WYQCP
I use the adapters, especially when I roll it on and notice that there may be air in a gap or seam. I usually poke a couple of little holes in that seam and then heat up, use the crevice roller, works great. As hard as I may try and as conscientious as I may be, every now and then one misses a bump or edges of a raised seam/gap, those attachments really help to focus the the heat enough to quickly address the issue.

AND it's 12 degrees warmer than usual right now... AT 33 degrees out!

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...