2008 Silverado Basslink Install Help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

jdunk90
10+ year member

I'm beginning the install on my silverado w/o the bose speakers. i have the factory head off/climate controls off. i'm keeping the factory head and speakers, but i'm not sure how to connect everything. my friend is coming over later, but the instructions are kind of over my head. what all do i need as far as supplies and what connects to what.

can anyone help me with this?

i have the audio wire run, but i have not been able to read what kind of power/ground kit i need. i also don't know what wires i need to splice the wires i ran with behind the factory head unit

can anyone help me with this?
i have the audio wire run, but i have not been able to read what kind of power/ground kit i need. i also don't know what wires i need to splice the wires i ran with behind the factory head unit
whats the audio wire u have ran?

u need to go to walmart/ bestbuy etc and get a 8 awg install kit

run the long red wire from bat to + on bl

ground the - to bare metal near where the basslink goes

remote u need to use a test light/dmm to find an acc wire (only hads power with key in on position

ill get ya the factory wires u need to tap in a second, do u have a factory amp(BOSE) or just plain silverado

LR Speaker (+) BROWN

LR Speaker (-) YELLOW

RR Speaker (+) DARK BLUE

RR Speaker (-) LIGHT BLUE

these are wires u tap into are u using the rca(low level)with loc or speaker input(high)

i ran the speaker wires because i decided against the line out converter although i can do that if recommended.

so i just do the power hookup/ground and then just splice into the wires going into the head unit? there are a ton of them bunched together in two big plugs and some of the wire colors are even the same.

i have not personally done an 08 silverado, but the wires i listed abouve should all 4 be next to each other

speaker wires are fine its either or run a power make sure to fuse it

and ground it close

remote will be the tricky one cause u need to tap a wire that has radio with key in only

could you go into more detail about tapping into the wires to find the accessory one? also, is there any need to connect the front speakers to the amp as well?

For Remote check your radio there should be a switched 12v (for the radio) and a constant 12v (radio memory) Just run your remote off the switched 12v. I used that for my Radar Detector and Tach

For Remote check your radio there should be a switched 12v (for the radio) and a constant 12v (radio memory) Just run your remote off the switched 12v. I used that for my Radar Detector and Tach
no the new cars use can bus and there is no switched power, that why pac makes all these crazy adapters to install aftermarkets now

no acc wire on alot of 2006-newer cars

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.