2010 Silverado crew cab front and rear door speakers (non Bose)

clayco

CarAudio.com Newbie
Can I take my Bose speakers from my 2006 Chevy Tahoe front and back and put them in my 2010 Silverado if I have an after market radio installed without there being any problems?
And if not, what are my best option for overall sound, good base, clear audio, without a subwoofer. I will later be putting my subs in my truck but have to get a custom box for under the seat. So for now just door speakers…

Can I take my Bose speakers from my 2006 Chevy Tahoe front and back and put them in my 2010 Silverado if I have an after market radio installed without there being any problems?
And if not, what are my best option for overall sound, good base, clear audio, without a subwoofer. I will later be putting my subs in my truck but have to get a custom box for under the seat. So for now just door speakers…
If the speakers fit the other door speaker openings and mounting points, then they should work.

You need to check into the ohm ratings of those Bose speakers. Some are not just 4 ohms. IIRC some are even 2 ohms or they register at like 2.7 ohms or something. And usually Bose speakers in a Chevy like that are run by a OEM amplifier. Not all aftermarket head units can run 2 ohms or 2.7 ohms speakers. So you need to check into that as well.

I would start by finding out what ohm those Bose speakers are and go from there.

Many BOSE car audio speakers are 2ohms, not 4. Not many (none that I know of) aftermarket HU's can tolerate a 2 ohm load. Agree with collhand20th, need to check that out first. The bigger question is why? There are much better, reasonably priced, aftermarket speakers to consider before ever considering OEM BOSE products. You’ll be hard-pressed to find many in this or any audio forums that would bother with the transfer of BOSE speakers from one vehicle to another.

Last edited:
If I encounter a Bose system, Ill rip that garbage out in a Heart beat!! You can find so much better than what they offer, of which to me is 0. You can find some nice deals on speakers. But Yes... I wouldnt waste my time on the Bose speakers to use in my next ride. waste of time and man.. what a headache!!UGGH!! Sell them on Ebay and get a little return on some new speakers. Toss them even. I use some to hold bolts and nuts when working on vehicles. Magnets are not too bad to hold screws and bolts, micro screwdrivers

Agreed I would just toss those things on ebay or facebook marketplace someone will want them because they don't want to install aftermarket anything. There is some people like that to the point they will only use OEM brand new parts regardless if the same part is 50 bucks for the same quality from say Standard or whatever. No they have to have GM branded made parts because otherwise it isn't right.

Agreed I would just toss those things on ebay or facebook marketplace someone will want them because they don't want to install aftermarket anything. There is some people like that to the point they will only use OEM brand new parts regardless if the same part is 50 bucks for the same quality from say Standard or whatever. No they have to have GM branded made parts because otherwise it isn't right.
I know quite a few people that are that way/OCD. Its kind of funny at times watching it in play and a jaw dropper when they didnt do an aftermarket up grade

hammer GIF

Yeah drives me crazy when people are like that. I mean I get it with certain things. But when you tell them that there is only 4-5 battery companies in the world or that there is only 3-4 car auto part refurbishing plants in the world or that oil is mixed in only 2 locations in the US Tennessee and Texas they don't believe it. Perfect example is in Tennessee where Mobil, Valvoline, Royal Purple, Super Tech, Fleet-Farm or Farm & Fleet, Napa, Carquest/Advance and several others. While those oil companies process their own oil they send it to one of those two states where all the additives and what not are added. Pennzoil, Quaker Puke I mean Quaker State, Castroljunk I mean Castrol and a couple others all go to Texas.

But nooo can't tell those people that. I know some that are soooooo stubborn they actually believe that GM/AC Delco makes their own batteries and does there own refurbishing of parts. People would actually be shocked if they new what parts came from where. Are there different refurbishing qualities on a lot of them yes of course where a cheaper part is used say for something that is a 1 year warranty Alternator vs a Lifetime Alternator. That does happen. But a lot of the same stuff is just the same box but with whatever shop or business sticker is on it that they want.

He can type all he wants to but the posts are not going to show up! His posts are not going to show up and that is all I will say on it publicly.
So we could keep talking ****, and he will read it? 🤣🤣🤣

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, SO If the admins can read it, maybe we can play a game. You can tell us which post # in which thread he has posted. Based on what's written so far, we can all guess and write the dumbest **** we can think of. Then you could post it and we would see who is closest. Winner gets 5 bonus trophies, (/ If you enter the contest, then you can give your trophy to the winner).

What HU do you have in mind for the aftermarket to be installed? I would place an amplifier on a nice set of components up front, and have a dedicated amplifier for a sub/subs. the 6.5 Polk Audio MM series components are an excellent choice that are 35htz on up @93db and 125 rms per side. Polk DB are another great set of 6.5 components. Infinity Kappa series are really a nice set..CDT Audio have some great speakers to choose from and usually have a monthly sale going on. I like the HD series

If I encounter a Bose system, Ill rip that garbage out in a Heart beat!! You can find so much better than what they offer, of which to me is 0. You can find some nice deals on speakers. But Yes... I wouldnt waste my time on the Bose speakers to use in my next ride. waste of time and man.. what a headache!!UGGH!! Sell them on Ebay and get a little return on some new speakers. Toss them even. I use some to hold bolts and nuts when working on vehicles. Magnets are not too bad to hold screws and bolts, micro screwdrivers
What is a petty good affordable set up that you would recommend?

What is a petty good affordable set up that you would recommend?
What would be affordable to you? Budget wise? A nice set of components up front of approx 100rms-125 rms on an amplifier and a single 10" in a ported enclosure of approx. 600-1k on 700-1k amplifier in an Excab or 4 dr (rear speakers amped of approx 30-75 rms for passengers would be ideal. and a decent aftermarket HU. Im assuming you have a 2010 Double cab Chevy 1500 Silverado?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...