2011 malibu problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

streetdreamz

I just installed an aftermarket double din. I've done almost a hundred installs and never seen this. I used the cheaper harness because I didn't care too much about losing the chimes and all that. I ran the ignition wire(red) from the harness to the radio fuse and also tried the windshield wiper fuse. Both times the radio turned on with the car off. But the bigger problem is that I have no sound and I have an ABS light on, brake light and a few others on. I've never seen this before. Is there something I don't know about? I also installed new door speakers. When I put the factory radio back in I have no problem. thanks

Use a dmm to find a suitable switched power wire in the car. Pink or orange at the ignition harness. Lights coming on is because you need the data harness. The radio in those and many other new cars is way more than just a radio. Many other components run data through the radio and the proper interface keeps everything functional. Don't cheap out and buy a walmart data harness as I've heard many shops having problems with various lights coming on and other issues from the cheap harnesses. There is a reason parts are made to do installs properly on these newer vehicles.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.