2017 Subaru Forester - Maestro RR programming help

Participant count
  • Participant list

realmikep

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi,

I'm replacing the stock head unit on my 2017 Subaru Forester (no Harmon Kardon) with the Pioneer DMH-1500NEX. I purchased the Pioneer and associated gear from Crutchfield based on their selections for the 2017 Forester.

I'm using the iDatalink Maestro RR Interface Module to retain steering wheel controls, etc.

When I went to program the Maestro, there was only one steering wheel pictured, and it didn't match mine:

From iDatalink:

My steering wheel:

The process for programming the Maestro for an unmatched steering wheel is extremely involved; it basically requires using a multi-meter to tap out all of the steering wheel functions at the connector wires. For such a popular car, I'm surprised my steering wheel isn't an pre-programming Maestro option.

Has anyone else been through this process, and if so, what was your experience with this? Hoping I don't have to go through that cumbersome process!

Thanks.

Crutchfield is famous for to quality tech support. I'm sure they could walk you through this. Really they charge higher prices than most online stores and their service is where that money goes.

Or perhaps a member here has used that exact unit in a Subaru.

I did check with Crutchfield (which is why I purchased from them -- like you said, great service and support). They said as long as the audio controls on the steering wheel are the same, it will be fine. And indeed, it was fine. Got it all installed and working today :)

Crutchfield is famous for to quality tech support. I'm sure they could walk you through this. Really they charge higher prices than most online stores and their service is where that money goes.

Or perhaps a member here has used that exact unit in a Subaru.

I did check with Crutchfield (which is why I purchased from them -- like you said, great service and support). They said as long as the audio controls on the steering wheel are the same, it will be fine. And indeed, it was fine. Got it all installed and working today :)
Yeah, I don't know how they do it, but the guys I've ever had to deal with on the phone there really know the ins and outs of all the stuff they sell. Glad you got that sorted.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.