2019 honda civic subwoofer install - cant get amp to power on. Help with my wiring?

gud

CarAudio.com Recruit
Florida
i’m unsure why i can’t get this system working. The amp was powering on fine yesterday, but now no. Maybe a bad ground?

excuse the messy cables right now, i always clean that up last, after i verify it all works. but the power cable comes from the battery, connects to the amp, amp is grounded on the factory ground in the trunk. Connected to the amp are obviously power and ground, two subwoofers, the bass knob, and then the rca cables and blue remote cable which both lead to the line out converter.
LOC goes to the rear left and right deck speakers. LOC is also grounded in same place as the amp, and is powered by amp power cable

Im confused what part is giving me trouble. Yesterday the amp was powering on fine, but now its not powering on at all.

Last edited:
I just moved the ground to a new location (under the seat bolt holding the rear seats down) and the amp will still not power on

The amp is brand new and it was working fine yesterday. Had secured the connections tighter and now it does not

Last edited:
went around the car with a multimeter and verified that all the following are receiving proper power:

Amplifier power cable, including engine fuse
Power cable for LOC (tapped into the DRLs now)
Remote cable coming from the LOC to amp has power

Everything i can see shows the amplifier is receiving proper power and ground, i’m confused why it wont turn on

Last edited:
Have the pos and neg touched together at amp ? if not,i would do something with that asap.put some tape or heat shrink or something around the cable reducers to ensure they wont touch together.

Last edited:
Have the pos and neg touched together at amp ? if not,i would do something with that asap.put some tape or heat shrink or something around the cable reducers to ensure they wont touch together.
They did slightly touch before I got the 0/1 gauge to 4 gauge adapters. cables sparked up a little but thats why i got the adapters, to prevent the big cables from touching again. they look all good otherwise. In current state they do not touch at all

Last edited:
problem was the LOC burnt out when I had touched cables. got a new LOC and now all is working.

have to get the gain right, lights flickering with heavy bass now

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...