3 way front stage questions and recommendations

Participant count
  • Participant list

Side Show
10+ year member

Bringin The Noise
Australia
i'm after some other opinions on what tweeters I should use with my mw180 dynaudios (midbass driver) I've got a brand new set of pioneer tsd131prs and tsc160r, 2 sets of rs6 kicker resolutions splits and a set of focal polyglass 4V2 4"splits with TN47 tweeters. Ohh and I've got a set of DDC-F17C in my car now.

I am wanting to run a 3-way active front stage consisting of the dyns for midbass, the tsd131prs for the midrange and the tweeters from the tsd131prs splits for the highs.

what would you recommend I run out of the speakers provided? should I run a 4" for the midrange or would the 5 3/4 be better?

also any crossover points you would suggest for each tobe crossed at would help also.

I've got dynaudio x360 passive crossovers aswell, would these be worth using at all? or is it a waste of time without having the rest of the 3 way set?

cmon, any help or suggestions would be great, I have only ever run 2-way front stage and that was just using the passive crossovers.

I think you are wasting the best speakers in your set as midbass. they DynAudio speakers are clearly the best speakers you own.

use them as midrange. then pick a woofer with decent excursion and low Fs as your midbass.

crossover points should be around:

60Hz-300Hz for midbass

200Hz-6kHz for midrange

4kHz HPF for tweeters.

actual ranges depend on actual measured response with the installation. aiming and position determine usable crossover ranges.

so you suggest I use the 8"dyns as midrange speakers instead of midbass drivers? and use 6"mids for mid bass?

I was hopeing to go 1"tweet, 4"or 5 3/4"mid range, and the 8's for midbass then either my dd9510g or xt15f.

thanks for your response keep_hope_alive, would you recommend I look at buying new midrange speakers and tweets so I can use the dyns at midbass drivers?

cheers for the xover points

all the systems I have had have been missing midbass, specially with the 15"sub... i'm now running a 10"dd but there is still a huge freq range that jus doesn't get played by anything (well it does you just cant hear it)

Use the drivers you have now for the midbass, find some md142 for mid range, md102 for the tweeters,

Then find a 3 way crossover, active.....

The passive crossovers you have already, are they 2 way or 3 way?

sorry, I didn't see the Dyn's were 8". keep them as midbass since beaming would be a problem.

I liked the RS6 series. but smaller drivers are easier to aim and aiming is key for midbass.

it would be to your benefit to do some auditioning of speakers. make a few boxes with removable baffles and experiment.

you won't be able to use the existing passive crossovers for a mix of drivers and 3-way crossover points.

the dynaudio passive crossovers are a 3-way crossover. I have a heap of other crossovers that I can used to go active. (the mw180s are recommended to use with the passive crossovers I have. out of the tweets I have, what would best match the dyns and 131prs mids

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

also thanks very much for your replys, much appreciated

the rs6 are nice and I have 4 of them too, but I am leaning more towards the 5 and 3/4" pioneers for mid-range or the focal 4"polyglass 4v2's

1"tweet

5 3/4"or 4" midrange

8" midbass.

or do you think i'm going to get the same clarity from the rs6's over the "focals and pioneers for midrange.

what would you run?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.