3-Way Xover/Network mode vs. Sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

SAABDad

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey Y'all,
I've got a Kenwood DMX957XR I bought during Covid and haven't installed yet. Well, it's time :)

What I'm wondering is I'm keeping the factory amp in my car which requires 3-way Xover (Pioneer calls it "network mode" I believe, same thing) and what I'd like to find out is if the subwoofer RCAs still work when in 3-way Xover. The car I'm putting it in has 11 factory speakers, but the bottom end is a little light, so if I can setup an independent amped subwoofer to beef it up a bit, well, that's what I'd like to do.

If you intend to keep the speakers and OEM amp, what's the issue? Did you get the correct harness specific to your equipment needs to wire everything up? What kind of car, year, make and model? How is the premium sound system referred to by the Mfg.??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...