Front speakers very weak sound , can it be network mode on p99rs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mio
10+ year member

EUROPE
Hello here is my set up
i have p99rs, i have rear speakers
audioson thesis sax ii 6.5" powered by mosconi pro 4x120w class ab amp , front speakers arc rs 6.0 6.5" powered from the same amp mosconi pro 4x120w .
tweeters in front focal utopia powered by mosconi pico class d amp i think 80w per channel.
sub audioson apbx10as active sub with integrated class d amp.
The problem is
when i turn volume at 40 for example i barely can hear front speakers are lets say at volume 5 or 10, extremely weak.... speakers amps are all brand new, cables brand new focal ofc..
can it be possible that network mode is to blame ?
if network mode can be the issue how can system be switched to non network mode no one from the bg shops can tune p99rs i dont want to replace my player i like it.
So to summarize it in front i have tweeters focal utopia, speakers arc rs 6.0
rear sub audioson + and rear speakers audioson thesis sax 6.5" all in factory place for speakers.
front speakers are inside the doors.
any suggestions will be welcomed.

i am not sure if thats the problem every suggestion is welcomed p99rs is very old player it doesnt have gui like newer fancy ones.

Hi i dont have any cross overs, i dont know how to check i never installed these audio things .This is who i got the car.

id check the balance/fader on the deck

also, the decks crossovers probably its own volume. check the manual

id also check the amp gain settings. heres how. the test tones are at the very bottom...

Last edited:
Car doesnt have hardware cross overs, fader is fine, balanced in the middle center,
amps agains are to the maximum so its not their fault can it be some settings inside the receiver.

Car doesnt have hardware cross overs, fader is fine, balanced in the middle center,
amps agains are to the maximum so its not their fault can it be some settings inside the receiver.
I'd do a google search for the model # and see if you can find the owner's manual online. I'd guess you're in network mode and either the output level is really low or the crossover isn't set properly.

Here is my video ,
of everything.

On the Mosconi, push in the Direct DSP. This will bypass all built in x-over circuitry. On the radio, the Mid Pass should be set at 80Hz. This way anything 80Hz and above goes through.
How sure are you of the front stage wiring? The tweeters may be wired in series with the mids.

I posted the manual. I have a Dex P9 which proceeded that HU, but haven't used it in years. In the network settings, you can turn up/down the output on each channel.

On the Mosconi, push in the Direct DSP. This will bypass all built in x-over circuitry. On the radio, the Mid Pass should be set at 80Hz. This way anything 80Hz and above goes through.
How sure are you of the front stage wiring? The tweeters may be wired in series with the mids.
hi i know because i ordered them back them brand new and i was there when they was installed - hardware at least. Can you tell me which mosconi smaller or bigger one?
pico or bigger one

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...