4-channel SSL amplifier. One sub

Hi

I have a four channel amp, and i was wondering if i could bridge channels 1 & 2 to one voice coil; then bridge 3 & 4 to the other. and also, what impedance would the voice coils need to be to create a 4 ohm load for each bridged channel? 4 ohm voice coils?

thanks,

Dylan

(my amp is a SSL ev4.1600 and i have not bought a sub for it yet)

Hi
I have a four channel amp, and i was wondering if i could bridge channels 1 & 2 to one voice coil; then bridge 3 & 4 to the other. and also, what impedance would the voice coils need to be to create a 4 ohm load for each bridged channel? 4 ohm voice coils?

thanks,

Dylan

(my amp is a SSL ev4.1600 and i have not bought a sub for it yet)
Good. A sub should never have to be put through the pain of being pushed by a 4 channel amp. Sell that and get a proper amp, or use it for speakers inside your car....and get a proper amp.

i was told by a shop that yes you can do that. now say you get a sub that is 4dvc, hooking it up that way then you'd have 800 per coil, so you'd be looking at 1600rms sub. it would have to be the 4dvc cause the amp is only stable @ 4ohms when it's bridged.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.