5k watt build decisions - seeking help

I see no reason to limit himself to 5k if he's willing to do electrical upgrades and that the best price to performance ratio korean right now is the vital power 700.1 which costs as much as every other 5k on the market out there.

Jeff, im NOT trolling, but i read a while back you said Brazilian was the way to go? ive seen a few builds local and they are tiny amps compared to korean and Definitely put out power. Curious as why your not mentioning Taramps to OP?

What ive gathered from my research, is brazilians more efficient than korean which is less demanding on your vehicles alt, cost ALOT less for same power, still as reliable, BUT dont like to be wired under rated impedance.

Wish ida read that stuff before i bought my scv3000d.

You do know orion's been bought out right? Their quality has been declining for decades. Only recently their xtr series amps did anything special however they are back it at again with their new line of amps aka Zstreet series that is just as bad as boss audio/power acoustik in terms of overbloated power ratings. They have a notorious reputation of cutting corners purely due to who owns them AKA the same group that owns pyramid, lanzar Just to give you some reference. I'm sure you know how those two companies are ran.
Yea thanks for heads up I didn't know.. I know a handful of companies that are absolutely legit..the rest I'm not sure but I figured Orion was better than this.
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Jeff, im NOT trolling, but i read a while back you said Brazilian was the way to go? ive seen a few builds local and they are tiny amps compared to korean and Definitely put out power. Curious as why your not mentioning Taramps to OP?
What ive gathered from my research, is brazilians more efficient than korean which is less demanding on your vehicles alt, cost ALOT less for same power, still as reliable, BUT dont like to be wired under rated impedance.

I looked into taramps before I was even a member here. Heard a lot of mixed things but I know that team deaf bonce guy set some records with them. I had considered them. I just thought they weren't as close to rated.

He doesn't feel like he's ready to run Brazilian just yet and sounds like he wants something tanky. I just get that kind of feel from him thats all.

I looked into taramps before I was even a member here. Heard a lot of mixed things but I know that team deaf bonce guy set some records with them. I had considered them. I just thought they weren't as close to rated.
BigDWiz is a amp dyno guru lol. he did one here:

buddy that owned both the alphard 12k and this vital 700.1 metered louder on the vital and was overall louder.
2ro44yu.jpg

aww you butthurt how cute //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
This should be in wot

Brazilian amps have pros and cons they are not the gold standard of car audio like some people think they are generally speaking Korean built-in amps are tougher especially when low ohm loads or over or under voltage is an issue your SCV 3000 is a very good amp some people like Brazilians for their size and efficiency but me personally I prefer Korean built amps some of these other guys know a lot more about the difference in them than I do I'm sure one of them will explain it more in depth if not make a post about it I will definitely be tuned in

Nope they do rated Just need to be treated with care aka never wire below 1 ohm, never mount to any vibrating surface aka sub enclosure or anywhere that flexes. Cant have too high of a charging voltage, cant have too low of a charging voltage. Dont hard clip.

Simple as this, if you plan on only running at 1 ohm there is literally no reason for you to get a korean amp over a brazilian. However if you have aspirations of running half ohm and below, then you go korean.

HOWEVER that dynamic has changed since taramps and sound digital beefed up their amps to the bass and power series which literally handles half ohm loads daily just fine and can handle up to 9 to 17 volt charging. Literally the only advantage koreans had over Brazilians is slowly wittling away.

Just like class D is transitioning to become the gold standard for mids and highs amps which will be achieved in a few years, full bridge technology is going to slowly take over half bridge as R&D improves. Literally there's nothing new the koreans have done in the past several decades while brazilians redesign their amplifier platforms from bottom up every year and constantly improving. Who do you think will win out in the quality/performance war in the future? The guy that sits on their *ss or the guy working his @ss off?

See I knew somebody who knew more than me would clear the s*** up maybe one day maybe I might have to stop saying I like Koreans better but that day is not today but seriously though some of what I've seen about the new bass series from Taramps has been really impressive

Nope they do rated Just need to be treated with care aka never wire below 1 ohm, never mount to any vibrating surface aka sub enclosure or anywhere that flexes. Cant have too high of a charging voltage, cant have too low of a charging voltage. Dont hard clip.

Looks good. I'm impressed. Thankful I joined this forum before. Now I'm learning a lot of the technicalities you don't get with a basic google search.

Looks good. I'm impressed. Thankful I joined this forum before. Now I'm learning a lot of the technicalities you don't get with a basic google search.
LMAO. My first thread started the same as yours.. I lurked forums for months piecing together my expectations I already knew what i wanted, Rockford fosgate P3s when they came out. That said, i ended up with MUCH better equipment. If i had to do it again, i wouldnt change my setup... Unless, i built a wall //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

LMAO. My first thread started the same as yours.. I lurked forums for months piecing together my expectations I already knew what i wanted, Rockford fosgate P3s when they came out. That said, i ended up with MUCH better equipment. If i had to do it again, i wouldnt change my setup... Unless, i built a wall //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
That's why I joined. To see how accurate my ideas were. Can only do so much by yourself with no resources. I'm feeling good enough to rethink my options now and determine my new build. Thanks everyone. I'll update what I come up with sometime.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.