6x9's

Participant count
  • Participant list

85cutty
10+ year member

im wondering what kind of 6x9's you guys like, im not lookin to spend a fortune but i want sum decent good sounding spearkers, i was also wondering if MB Quart makes 6x9's and how they sound. i was wanting to build kick panels but they wont work in my car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Ewwwwwwucky...6x9's:( lol.

But anywho, if you instist...

Infinity, Boston Acoustics, JL Audio, Rainbow, Focal, Rockford Fosgate, Kicker, Eclipse, MTX, MB Quart, Diamond Audio, Alpine, Orion...yadda yadda yadda etc etc etc are generally good brands.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Originally posted by ss3079 We cant tell you what components to get. You need to listen to as many sets as possible in order to decide what you like. Some people hate MB Quart's tweeters...others love them...some hate the midbass...others love them. It really is personal preference. Therefore, I suggest you go to Circuit City(etc, your friends rides) and listen to as many component sets in your price range as possible. Keeping in mind that the acoustics in the show room are far different than those in your car, of course.
Just swap out components for 6x9's...sure, it may not apply as much here(as with components)...but it still a good idea...

- Steve

Originally posted by 85cutty would getting a conversion plate and putting 6 1/2's under the rear deck where the stock 4x10's go be a better idea that 6x9's???
Yes.

What are you using up front? Components? If you are using components, you dont even need rear fill. If you think you need more midbass, throw a dedicated midbass driver in the back (such as the Adire Koda). But, if you really want to put some 2 or 3 way 6.5's in the rear, go ahead...they are better than the 6x9 idea;)

- Steve

Originally posted by ss3079 Yes.

What are you using up front? Components? If you are using components, you dont even need rear fill. If you think you need more midbass, throw a dedicated midbass driver in the back (such as the Adire Koda). But, if you really want to put some 2 or 3 way 6.5's in the rear, go ahead...they are better than the 6x9 idea;)

- Steve
up front i just replaced my stock 3.5's with Concept CFN-350, i dont got a component set up front or anything, i just wanted to replace the stock 4x10's under the rear deck... by the way i have an 85 cutlass

Originally posted by 85cutty up front i just replaced my stock 3.5's with Concept CFN-350, i dont got a component set up front or anything, i just wanted to replace the stock 4x10's under the rear deck... by the way i have an 85 cutlass
Alright...so thats ok then. Go with some 6.5's in the rear deck...you can make your own baffle if you dont want to purchase one:)

Then later on, when you want to upgrade (within a month lol;) ), sell all 4 speakers and get a nice component set:D

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.