8" sub recomendations..... looking at DC audio.

The dc Is a decent sub most of the 8s that can take 500 watts or more will be about the same price. With that said there is ampere and b2 as well as the American bass hd subs. And let's not forget the sa sub I'll be doing the b2 cc8'in the wife's car soon
Good grief that ampere gives me a chub.

I think it's the most massive looking sub in the price range.

I been eyeballing the American Bass hd 8" good n cheap.

So many choices....

Needing to redo a sub setup in my truck.Don't have enough room to port a 10" sub under there but have just enough to do most 8's.

Wanting to port it around 33-34 hz.

The DC audio m3 8" seems to fit the needs and wants of the situation but I've no experience with them.

DC make a decent sub?

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_88185_DC-Audio-M3-8-D2.html

Enclosure will be around .7 to .8 cubes, max mounting depth is about 6.5" and thats the magnet touching the box at that point.

Which sub would you use?
I have this very same sub....and if your limited on depth, might wanna go for a shallower sub such as Sundown e series or the like.....where the depth isn't so great.

Suspension still stiff.....if that means anything so I guess it's still ok. Not sure how one can tell a difference between cheap parts and good quality parts.
They would fall apart. Or catch fire. Triple joints broke 4 times in one season. Spiders separated once.

A few years back, dc subs would have softpart failures at nearly every show i attended...

I kept getting banned on smd around 2011 and 2012 for pointing it out

A few years back, dc subs would have softpart failures at nearly every show i attended...
I kept getting banned on smd around 2011 and 2012 for pointing it out

lol that's ridiculous. SMD forum is a joke.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.