8" Subwoofer (JL Audio 8w3 vs. Infinity 860w)

Reddie

Hi, new member here. I am looking into setting up a single 8" system in my car. I currently have JL Audio JX500/1D amplifier and a 0.30 cubic ft sealed enclosure. I was wondering if someone has any experience with the two subwoofers mentioned in the title. I'm looking mainly for sound quality to add a bit of bass to my stock system.

Of the two subs, which should I go for? A pro for the 860w is that it is pretty cheap ($50) and got good reviews. A pro for 8w3 might be better sound quality (not sure) but at a higher price tag. I've looked into other 8" subs (RE Audio REX8D4, Image Dynamics ID8, and Sundown Audio E8), but narrowed my choices down to the JL 8w3 and Infinity 860w. I'm mainly looking for a sub that will fit into the 0.30 cu ft sealed enclosure that I have, and is capable of handling the power from the JX500/1D (~250 watts RMS @ 4 ohms).

Any input will be appreciated! Thanks!

The JL is not worth the money. It's a good sub but for the price the Infinity wins. Although, I would recommend the RE RFX8d4 (not REX8d4) over it. You would need to be conservative with the gain while running the amp at 2ohms though.

I have a BNIB JL 8w3v3 if your lookin for a cheaper one. And I also have a JL8w3v3 in a JL loaded encloser that is .35cf ported. It definitely impressed me and has a ton of output for its size

I have a BNIB JL 8w3v3 if your lookin for a cheaper one. And I also have a JL8w3v3 in a JL loaded encloser that is .35cf ported. It definitely impressed me and has a ton of output for its size
Hi, how much are you looking to get for the BNIB JL 8w3v3? Sent you a PM.

Thank you everyone for your response. I steered away from those 2 subs that I mentioned and got an RE Audio REX8D4 paired with an Alpine MRV-M250. I've heard some mixed reviews on the newer REX8 (as opposed to the RE8), but the looks and output that I was looking for matched. Ultimately, I was just looking for a small 8" that will add a bit of clean low end, rather than ground shaking SPL. I've got them hooked up and I like them so far. A cheap small little system that fit the bill and bass output I was looking for. Even though the RMS rating is only at 175w for the sub and 150w for the amp at 4 ohms, it's still plenty of bass for me since I was looking for a system to supplement my factory sound system.

Thanks again everyone for your advice!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.