$800 to $1200 6.5? which ones!!!

One thing about the Revelators is that they provide great midbass. My doors are deadened and sealed, as they have been on other installs, but I've never had midbass like this.

At first I was a little apprehensive as I've read how they should be in an enclosure. In my setup though, they ended up working wonderfully.

I'd say you'll eventually need get a sound processor its a must. Then have the shop(if they are even decent enough) sound deaden your vehicle then run an RTA in your car to see how your vehicle acoustics look like and then have them match a proper high end drivers that matches the acoustical environment based on the driver's frequency response charts. Thats only if you really want stuff done correctly and sound way better then the guy that just puts expensive speakers in his cars thinking he'll sound great. There's SQ and there's over the top SQ that relies on proper professional installation, not just a regular brick and mortar shop that happens to carry SQ oriented brands.

I'd say you'll eventually need get a sound processor its a must. Then have the shop(if they are even decent enough) sound deaden your vehicle then run an RTA in your car to see how your vehicle acoustics look like and then have them match a proper high end drivers that matches the acoustical environment based on the driver's frequency response charts.
I don't know a single person in this industry who sells speakers this way. If you sell a powerful DSP and creative control over the speaker installation, including choice of speakers and any necessary fabrication then the existing response in a typical car is irrelevant. However, very very few shops get this luxury. I certainly haven't had this chance. Plus you can't ignore that people have preferences, and that is something I always discuss with a client if they want me to design their system.

Edit: An exception is RTA on the electrical outputs of a factory radio or amplifier to prepare for an integration installation.

I don't know a single person in this industry who sells speakers this way. If you sell a powerful DSP and creative control over the speaker installation, including choice of speakers and any necessary fabrication then the existing response in a typical car is irrelevant. However, very very few shops get this luxury. I certainly haven't had this chance. Plus you can't ignore that people have preferences, and that is something I always discuss with a client if they want me to design their system.
Edit: An exception is RTA on the electrical outputs of a factory radio or amplifier to prepare for an integration installation.
Thats what a company here in California does. Their systems are off the charts expensive as hell but sound crazy good. A lot better then the people competing in several of SQ competitions i've been through, even the first place cars are not as impressive. Reus Systems is what they are called. Definitely best SQ demo I've heard in California.

Why has Dynaudio not come up? Hah! HAT is coming up with great sounding sets also...
yea if I had the money, I would definitely go with Dynaudio.. pricey tho

or Rainbow Vanadium 3 way set for about $1000

DLS Gothia Ultimate 3 way set is about $1100

Focal has their $2000 Utopia set, which is ridiciously priced..

I'm sure the Hertz Mille 3 ways is a great choice though, I've heard nothing but great things and plenty of people have used them.

Wow that's insane..... I would never spend 1200$ on a set of speakers unless i've heard them in my vehicle for over a week and I love the **** out of them..... That's amazing to me... that's next level **** right there....

Wow that's insane..... I would never spend 1200$ on a set of speakers unless i've heard them in my vehicle for over a week and I love the **** out of them..... That's amazing to me... that's next level **** right there....
You got to pay to play my friend.. lol

You got to pay to play my friend.. lol
yeah I guess if you're just into getting the best quality possible it's the same thing as me spending 1200$ on subs... Just for my goals a pair of ID horns and Beyma 10 midbasses is good lol.

yeah I guess if you're just into getting the best quality possible it's the same thing as me spending 1200$ on subs... Just for my goals a pair of ID horns and Beyma 10 midbasses is good lol.
There are a few advantages when you get to this level. You don't need Pro Audio or 3 sets of speakers to keep up with loud bass. You need 1 and they keep up and maintain every little detail. By time you have bought 3 sets and found some way to mount them you have just spent as much as one set that will do it all and image.

6-1/2" Poly Cone Midbass Woofer 4 Ohm

lol

seriously tho - its all about the install. so many factors play in to this. if the pods for the speaker vent in to the door - or sealed - sized wrong or aimed a hair off your pair of super $$$$ speakers wont be all that... id be researching your shop of choice to do your install and getting to see at least 3 customer viechles with high end install they did before going and spending that kind of cash

I agree it's a lot of money to spend, but I would do it in a minute if the sound was what I was looking for. I just spent about $550 on a pair of PHD 6.5" comps (2-way), and I think it was very well spent for the SPL and clarity they produce. Nothing like Italian-made fiberglass cones for the rock-n-roll I listen to, the midbass is fantastic and rock drums and guitar will vibrate the crap out of my front floor of my truck cab at high levels (JL 300/2 driving them).

For contrast, my good friend just bought a set of audio monitors for his recording studio and laid out $10k for the pair. It is an understatement to say that the sound coming from them is stunning; recorded grand piano played back over them makes you feel like the pianist is sitting directly in front of you and the imaging convinces you that you can reach out and touch the piano itself. Reference link here: Barefoot Sound MicroMain27 Gen2 - Pair - Vintage King Audio

It's all relative I suppose; if you have a $50k car what's a $1,200 set of speakers? I spend about 2 hours a day in my vehicle doing my commute, and I have been a musician all my life so audio quality has a high value to me. Good tunes along the way keep my head in a happy place! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.