80prs active crossover frequencies 3 way

Participant count
  • Participant list
yep, youre fine.
if your drivers are having trouble maintaining amplitude near the crossover point, you can overlap them a bit or change the slope, or underlap them if too much
Cool, thanks. Yeah it doesn't sound good to me when I overlap or underlap. The slopes I don't feel I understand very well either. They're all at default I think that's 12 db. I guess I read 24 on all of them except high HPF set to 18 db. would that be good?

If you use LR 24 dB/octave crossovers with the same frequency for an adjacent LPF and HPF(sub/mid, mid/tweeter) the interaction should have no phase shift and it should sum flat. That's what Linkwitz-Riley 24/dB octave was designed to do. These are both very good attributes in an environment that needs a lot of help to get great sound. Using this crossover arrangement makes it easier to tune the car.

Yeah I've been tuning this thing for a long time. Keeps getting better every time. I set it to 24 db but can't really tell the difference. It does seem much better when I drop the LPF down to 50 hz instead of 80 though. I'm still getting great bass out of my mids and the subs seem a lot cleaner. I'm not sure if that's correct though or it's because I have something else off. I just recently sealed deadened the doors so I'm trying to retune everything. The auto TA sure does help but the auto EQ I am not really impressed with. It sounds better just with the EQ set to flat really.

Yeah I've been tuning this thing for a long time. Keeps getting better every time. I set it to 24 db but can't really tell the difference. It does seem much better when I drop the LPF down to 50 hz instead of 80 though. I'm still getting great bass out of my mids and the subs seem a lot cleaner. I'm not sure if that's correct though or it's because I have something else off. I just recently sealed deadened the doors so I'm trying to retune everything. The auto TA sure does help but the auto EQ I am not really impressed with. It sounds better just with the EQ set to flat really.
The auto eq doesn't sound that great for most people but it does help to even the two sides out. So when you adjust the eq after to your liking the passanger side will be eqed a little different than the drivers side to help even the sound out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.