92 Cadillac Deville (has to do with gas)

Participant count
  • Participant list

ThumpMyHonda
10+ year member

Aww Skeet Skeet!!
My friend has a 92 Deville and it says to put in premium fuel only. Is this true? Could you put 87 in it and will run fine? I asked him but he doesnt know because its really his grandmas car. I know somebody here has one. Does anybody know if people actually put premium fuel in their Deville?

Computer car...87 is fine...he is gaining nothing, but loosing money by throwing better gas in there...the car's computer can sence knocking, or detonation if it arises, and can readjust timing if it happens....tell him to save his cash, and do 87. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Unless it's a turbo/supercharged application, I really don't see the need for engines to get high octane fuel... perhaps if they have super-high compression ?

I asked a Cadillac expert on a Cadillac forum. He said it was the advanced timing it had and there were no knock sensors on it and It could not detect knocking or pinging. You can go in and adjust timing but then you will get lower gas mileage. I would do it and have lower g/m. I sold it so it dont really matter now. But I am getting another one when school starts.

I was thinking of finding a Seville. But having a huge ass Cadillac at 16 hurts the 16 y/o wallet. The insurance and taxes are cheap, but the parts and gas can kill you. But I guess thats what parents are for //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

my family has owned 3 cadillacs. i had a 98 catera that took mid grade but i put the cheap stuff in it, my mom had a 98 seville sls that took premium, and my dad has a 2001 eldorado that takes midgrade. all i have to say is that if it is a northstar engine put in what it recommends those engines arent cheap to repair.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.