Help picking replacement speakers to go with sub and amp for Cadillac CTS

Participant count
  • Participant list
Those speakers look fantastic. Great deal. I just purchased a DS18 amp on eBay that Is probably overkill.

How does that converter compare to this one?

You need at least 5 channels. This would cover it just fine.

Or this one

Never used this one but it looks well made. Need to do some research to be sure.

This is what they show.

View attachment 55721

A .5" to .75" riser will surely work.

The difficulty in putting in new speakers will not be getting them in, it will be getting the Bose drivers out. They are riveted in from the rear of the door panel. Once you get them removed, you can install a riser that should allow you to put any 6.5" - 6.75" driver in there. the Pio's come with nice grills should you elect to mount them on the outside of the door panel too.
Oh ok. I’ll order some risers now. Which one of those sizes do you think I should try first?

I would pull the door panel off and see what you're working with. Check the depth and see how best to mount any new speaker. Not sure how prestine your panels still are, or how enamoured with keeping the speaker's in "stealth" mode but you might consider mounting the speakers on the outside of the panel after removing the bose units, probably sound better too.

1703990454616.png

I'd wait until you have the Pios, and check out this vid. You can see that you may not have to do a whole lot given the actual size of the area that supposed 5.25 speaker is mounted. As you can watch/see, there is plenty of room to enlarge the opening and may be able to just do that to get them to fit. This vid is from a 2006 but you get the drift.

Last edited:
I'd spend some time out on YouTube, checking out the vids that resemble your door panel/speaker configuration. You'll need to do some augmentation, but it should not be real difficult from what I've seen.

Last edited:
I would check with Crutchfield for specific adapters but something like this is the ticket.

Thank you. I was wondering where and how these attach on the dash? I like the look of them on the pillar but not sure what’s best
I would check with Crutchfield for specific adapters but something like this is the ticket.

thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0308.png
    IMG_0308.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 11
Resonix is supposed to be the bees knees, but it is a little $$. If I was doing the whole car, probably would shell out for the entire resonix treatment, at my age, would be a big commitment to pull what is their already and do it over, not going to do it. I recently picked up these from amazon. I am a musician too and have a bunch of actual acoustical foam that I could use, but this seemed like a good option as well. I like that you can put it around you speakers by design so that if your drivers are larger or smaller, you can tailor the ring so that it doesn't interfere with the surrounds..

Soundskins SSK-RINGV3 Foam Speaker Ring Kit - (6) 1" High Rebound, Waterproof Acoustic Foam Strips and (4) Wave​

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...