'92 Mazda 626 Single Death row build.

daveishome
10+ year member

Canada
Second set up just felt like posting, see what other people think.

My old set up was 1 RE sxx 15 that I bought new for $299 lol, in a ****** prefab 2 cubic foot box.

Here's a vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl4ilsFb_hM

I got a great deal on my IA DR 15 through a dealer, $275 new.

It's impossible to find a decent sub in Canada, and shipping one from the states is a big chunk of change.

Anyways, here's some pics on where I'm at, first box Iv built, waiting to put it in when the rain and snow stop.

Any tips on the rest of the install?

Almost exactly 4.0 cubic feet with sub displacement, tuned to 34hz when I get the other small piece of pipe in the front part of the port.

Alternator belt broke on the 626, will upload compare video as soon as I get it fixed.

I did a little painting for fun, I think it looks beastly now.

Yeah for sure, the older ones like mine are actually pretty nice cars.

2.2L engine in a light body and the alternator belt is separate from the serpentine, so it's a quick fix.

Yeah for sure, the older ones like mine are actually pretty nice cars.2.2L engine in a light body and the alternator belt is separate from the serpentine, so it's a quick fix.
I am not doggin' on it at all.

So the alternator is on a single v belt?

Yep, picked one up today. Tiny belt.
my car is the same. except power steeling is on the vbelt.

That sucks that your alternator is on the vbelt. Unless you have a bad ace tensioner. You can't go very big on the alternator with a vbelt. the belt will just slip //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Lol that's fine man, I bought it for $400.

It's my first car, I'm saving up for a beamer.

That JL amp is 900wrms on 12v so It's probably the best one for the car, I'm not doing the big 3 on this one.

Lol that's fine man, I bought it for $400.It's my first car, I'm saving up for a beamer.

That JL amp is 900wrms on 12v so It's probably the best one for the car, I'm not doing the big 3 on this one.
Dayummm what a steal. Nice pick up. I know one personally that has 200k miles on it and it was treated poorly.

I was just letting you know. That is a problem I encountered with my car. My belt system use to be vbelt.

Another warning. If you buy a car and want to throw in a alternator larger than 220amps. You need a lot of belt wrap or a strong tensioner.

What bmw? I love mine to pieces //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Only 180k on this one, good shape too. I think he sold it because it was leaking tranny fluid.

Put a new gasket on and she works great, no leaks.

I want an M3 so bad lol

Your whip is nice, those mayhems in the trunk?

Only 180k on this one, good shape too. I think he sold it because it was leaking tranny fluid.Put a new gasket on and she works great, no leaks.

I want an M3 so bad lol

Your whip is nice, those mayhems in the trunk?
Hell no. I wouldn't molest my bmw with a system. Doesn't everyone. My brother and law has a e39 540i and its the highest model. So it makes power that is close to the e39 m5.

Wow. that is it. Just leaked some tranny fluid. I am jealous. That is such a good deal.

haha don't be too jealous now, it is still a beater.
my winter car is my beater. Who doesn't love owning a car that is physically in bad shape. Its nice. No worries if you hit something.

I am sorry. But $400 is a freaking steal. My buddy paid $700 for a civic that came with the shirtiest engine wiring I have ever seen. and only 3 bolts on the rims. I told him I wouldn't have taken that car for free.

You did a lot better than him!

Another friend of mine bought and 1989 535i for $500. Had it for a few months. He could have ran it for a year. But he traded it in for something he had his eyes on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.