'92 Mazda 626 Single Death row build.

my winter car is my beater. Who doesn't love owning a car that is physically in bad shape. Its nice. No worries if you hit something.
I am sorry. But $400 is a freaking steal. My buddy paid $700 for a civic that came with the shirtiest engine wiring I have ever seen. and only 3 bolts on the rims. I told him I wouldn't have taken that car for free.

You did a lot better than him!

Another friend of mine bought and 1989 535i for $500. Had it for a few months. He could have ran it for a year. But he traded it in for something he had his eyes on.
3 bolts ahaha.

Ya man u need WAY more port area did you use any port calc or anything?
Why though?

I though the port dis. was only for slot port.

I calculated that a 4" round hole that is 4.25" long comes out to 34hz in my size box.

Alright, I COULD fix it but really should I?

Port noise will probably not be heard because It's in the trunk, but will there really be a big loudness difference?

Yes. Correct port area is important for a lot of reasons.

The rules are always 12-16inches per cube.

Otherwise you will have port noise, and the tuning will NOT be right. SO the box will peak differently. It will NOT be 34 hertz like you have planned out.

Incorrect port will always affect power. Going smaller will mean that the box is inefficient and it will require more power to get the sub loud.

Fuuck, whatever Il fix it soon.

The 626 is up and running again so Il post a vid tomorrow.

Will the small port area hurt the sub in any way?

what are your box H W and L and sub dis. i can tell you what size port you need and so can many others on here but i would suggest downloading torres box calc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.