93 K5 Blazer Install

Participant count
  • Participant list

LILMAN
10+ year member

Hartford
Can anyone help me with the wiring in my full size Blazer? I have 2 separate harnesess but I don't know what connects to what. The truck has 2 amps connected already. I'm putting in an Alpine CDM9820 (or something like that). The Eclipse that came with the truck did not work at all when I first got it.

which harnesses do you have? is it the one that plugs in to the back of the radio and then the one that goes to the plug on the car? if so then you should just be able to match the colors. and you say there are 2 amps in there, so you'll just have to connect the rca's to the back of the radio. if one amp is for subs just connect it to the sub out and if the other amp is for the door speakers connect that to the front output.

The truck has 2 harnesses that come from a box under the dash. one of them looks like it was connected and the other looks like it was just cut off and not used.

Truck Harness wires

red, yellow, orange, white, black, brownish grey color

Other truck Harness thinner wires(not connected to anything)

yellow, white, white/black, green, black, lighter brownish color

Alpine harness

black, yellow, red, blue, blue/white, green, green/black, purple, purple/black, white, white/black, grey, grey/black

If anyone can tell me what connects to what let me know. I don't want to drive thru the winter in silence. Thanks

well that box is most likely the factory amp.

easiest thing to do is just buy the harness for your car which should be ~$20

and that harness will have the same colors as the alpine and you just match those together.

wait if it already had an eclipse, how was that one connected? you should already have the harness then

I went to Circuit City to get another harness and it wasn't the same as the one I have.

I hooked up the wires and they didn't work either. Could there be another reason the deck didn't work?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LILMAN

10+ year member
LILMAN
Hartford
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from