'95 Caddy Deville - 2 Fi Qs, Custom Trunk

Ok I hooked everything up and the subs and amp work great and everything, but this isn't gonna work until I get my elec. upgrades //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. I haven't even done the Big 3 yet, lol...
I turned the volume up to where the subs barely started to hit hard, and the headlights all but shut off and my dash said "Battery No Charge", volts dropped to about 10 lol... I turned that ish down right away. I can play it very quietly (about the volume of my old Xplods, lol) and stay around 13 volts.

Plan on ordering the alty this Friday and doing the Big 3 soon. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
hey matt what you need to do is go and grab the largest battery that will fit in your car from autozone....thats what i did with my lac and all my charging problems went away..

its like a flap in ur trunk. usually on like the left side near the bottom. my car also had a big hole in the trunk too:eek: except my car is so well sealed i can slam any door or the trunk and the sunroof will like pop out and itll do it if i turn the ac on because it pressurizes the cabin LMAO!

hey matt what you need to do is go and grab the largest battery that will fit in your car from autozone....thats what i did with my lac and all my charging problems went away..
I have one actually from my old car, "Titanium" I believe it was like $70 bucks, but it's been discharged for a good two years now I don't think it's any good anymore. My RedTop just died this morning if you all saw my other post... it only took about 5 minutes with the car running and system on and when I got in 30 minutes later it was dead.

I'll be getting a YellowTop this Friday, I might try and cash in the warranty on the RedTop //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif

its like a flap in ur trunk. usually on like the left side near the bottom. my car also had a big hole in the trunk too:eek: except my car is so well sealed i can slam any door or the trunk and the sunroof will like pop out and itll do it if i turn the ac on because it pressurizes the cabin LMAO!
Seal the trunk? I'm actually trying to open up as many holes into the trunk as I can lol.

I'll be getting a YellowTop this Friday, I might try and cash in the warranty on the RedTop //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif

man red tops and yellow tops for main front batteries are just over hyped junk....go get a real battery and most of your problems will be solved....i have a duralast gold 1125ca battery upfront and its never let me down.

I have one actually from my old car, "Titanium" I believe it was like $70 bucks, but it's been discharged for a good two years now I don't think it's any good anymore. My RedTop just died this morning if you all saw my other post... it only took about 5 minutes with the car running and system on and when I got in 30 minutes later it was dead.

Seal the trunk? I'm actually trying to open up as many holes into the trunk as I can lol.
i meant from the outside.... not the cabin LMAO

Holy F*** man! I mustered the balls to turn them up to maybe 3/4 volume and **** started rattling all inside the car, the mirror won't stay straight, I have trim panels I didn't even know I had trying to pull themselves off of the car, lol!

Will try to get some vids up soon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

To icweiner - I have a little rubber panel with slits in it on the left side of my trunk... is this the vent?

yep, it helped in my car. dont make it permanent tho,as idk if it will help or hurt ur bass. but yea, cut the rear deck out and remove as much blockage from ur backseat as possible. i gain .6 or so db going from just a little opening in the seat to the seat all the way out:) i imagine ull be in the low 40's Maybe a 145 if u get ur elec sorted out:crap: and ur car is insanely big and ur box is kinda tiny //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

yep, it helped in my car. dont make it permanent tho,as idk if it will help or hurt ur bass. but yea, cut the rear deck out and remove as much blockage from ur backseat as possible. i gain .6 or so db going from just a little opening in the seat to the seat all the way out:) i imagine ull be in the low 40's Maybe a 145 if u get ur elec sorted out:crap: and ur car is insanely big and ur box is kinda tiny //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Tiny!? It takes up almost all of my trunk! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

congrats on the bass. lets see the trunk..
I will take trunk pics tomorrow definitely!

I've been playing around with the settings all day. I used a DMM to set my gains, and don't get me wrong these subs are pretty loud, but I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of the bass... like you were saying icweiner I need to cut a hole in the decklid because the louder it gets, I hear less bass and more trunk rattle (inside the car, like the bass is getting "trapped" I guess you would say.)

I have a small triangle-shaped opening from my trunk to my cabin, and I took the insulation out of there. Plus I guess they still need to be broken in, lol.

I was toying with the idea of turning the box around and having it face the cabin but in all my experiences that makes it sound not as loud. And plus the box + moofers weighs 120 pounds, not so easy to get in and out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

i have an 94 deville and is also a green but mine is blueish at times. anyways. i was told when i did my install that you do not want to cut out the supports at the back seat as it supports the rear window. i guess when the car goes over uneven bump or whatever it puts kind of a twist on the car and without that support it could cause your rear window to pop. i did remove the leather behind the rear arm rest and drilled a couple 1 inch holes in the support directly behind the rear armrest. i have two os kicker 18s sealed on a crossfire vr602 and did 138.3 at usaci event so you should be well into the 140s with the power you have.

i have an 94 deville and is also a green but mine is blueish at times. anyways. i was told when i did my install that you do not want to cut out the supports at the back seat as it supports the rear window. i guess when the car goes over uneven bump or whatever it puts kind of a twist on the car and without that support it could cause your rear window to pop. i did remove the leather behind the rear arm rest and drilled a couple 1 inch holes in the support directly behind the rear armrest. i have two os kicker 18s on a crossfire vr602 and did 138.3 at usaci event so you should be well into the 140s with the power you have.
How was your setup, ported or sealed? Box facing front or back? Did the box take up most of the trunk? Sorry for the Qs just trying to get some good info //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I wasn't going to cut the metal from behind the seats, but the metal between the 6x9s on the rear deck. Maybe a 5"x16" port or something like that.

Is this flap in every car or just newer ones? I have an 85 Fleetwood, and when I went out to look for it I didn't see it

i have them sealed directly behind the seat facing rear. 3.74 cu ft per sub. i cut the torsion bars on the trunk to fit the subs and just have to prop the trunk open when im in it which isnt very often. not like its is used to haul stuff lol. i also used 6.5 in mids in rear with baffles so that probably helps some as well. and drill the holes behind the armrest. that is the center of the bracing. get you a step up bit and put 2 or 3 1 inch holes in there. i can tell when the armrest is up or down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.