96 Toyota Camry

thegage
10+ year member

I have been working on my system for a while now and finally got it working and took some pictures. Although I am not even close to being done with my car. I will be making custom kick panels in the front and adding door speakers to the back. I will also be sound deadening the entire car.

100_0006_00.jpg

Heres my amp, a Rockford P550.2, I am just using it as a temp. I will be linking two 2k mono amps to power my 15" 4k watt MA Audio HK15X2

100_0011_01.jpg

My new high amp alternator, my old one made about 75 amps. This ones 160 amps

100_0021_00.jpg

Got my new alt in and upgraded my big 3.

100_0022_00.jpg

Another pic of my wiring, also just got an optima

100_0023_01.jpg

Where all my wiring meets up

100_0016_00.jpg

Pic of my car

100_0018_00.jpg

Heres my trunk, its very ghetto at the moment

100_0020_00.jpg

My 15" Ma Audio HK15X2. You guys dont even know how hard it was to get that HUGE box in my trunk. Lets just say I dont have a spare tire any more lol

100_0019_00.jpg

Another of my ghetto setup, Ill be carpeting everything and making an amp rack when I get my new amps.

100_0017_00.jpg

Heres all the wiring... Yeah I know its very messy but Its going to be hot once I get some more cash.

Let me know what you think! Ill be posting pics up as I start to pretty everything up and maybe a video even though my camera *****. My amp is only putting out maybe 1600 watts with my gain all the way up and it still bombs my head and shakes windows. Im almost afraid to fully power my sub with the 4k watts it wants lol.

I'm in the process of rebuilding my setup. What are the measurements on your box? Where did you purchase the alternator? I think I'm going to need to purchase one soon with the stuff I'm dreaming up. I'm planning on my next setup having a ported 15" subwoofer instead of two 15" ones.

The Camry trunk is a pain with getting a box in there. Believe me, I know... I have 2 for my 15s. I ended up over stuffing my trunk, so I'm sure that I lost some bass in the process.

I got my alternator for $200 shipped on ebay and the guys store name is "more_amps".

Also the alternator was very easy to install, it took me about an hour and a half to install the alt and do my big 3 upgrade.

Also my box is 17.5 "Height, 30" With, and 21" Depth. I had to take out my spare tire to get it in, and then I had to build a trunk floor out of 1/4" wood, and cut it into 6" Pieces and slide it under the box.

Also my box is 17.5 "Height, 30" With, and 21" Depth. I had to take out my spare tire to get it in, and then I had to build a trunk floor out of 1/4" wood, and cut it into 6" Pieces and slide it under the box.
Wow, that sounds like a chore. What's the box size (cubes) and tuning?

I got my alternator for $200 shipped on ebay and the guys store name is "more_amps".
Also the alternator was very easy to install, it took me about an hour and a half to install the alt and do my big 3 upgrade.
I was looking at that guy's auctions. It doesn't seem like he lists the idle amperage like Irragi does in his auctions.

Yeah it isint listed but if I had to guess judging on how my lights dim towards my amplifier id say the cold idle amperage is around 120-135, and when im driving it like 160-180. My lights dont dim at all when im driving and so slightly you can barely tell when im idle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.