99 Celica Install

xstatic26x
10+ year member

Hey everyone-

I want to install a deck into my 99 Celica Liftback, but I've run into a little trouble. Once I get the dash apart and take out the stock deck, I cant get to the 2 wires that plug into the Toyota harness I purchased. There is a stock amp powering the radio, and the wires are underneath and it is very tight---I've tried for an hour to get the wires out. Does anyone know how to get them out, or would it be best to leave these 2 wires plugged into the amp and just wire the new deck the same as the stock deck? I hope I'm being clear enough and someone knows what I am talking about.

Found a harness that goes from factory amp to CD player, is this the way to go?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160046848573&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

If I'm not mistaking and this is usually true with most early Toyotas you should have the standard Toyota wiring harness on the other side of the factory amp...Don't use the factory piece of crap amp...your radio power is as clean if not cleaner....

Thanks for the replies guys

Since I cant see whats on the side or below the amp, I Took a mirror to see underneath it and it *looks* like the 2 factory plugs are in fact on the side of the amp, I know it was like this on earlier 6th Gen. models.

I'm going to take another look at it, but this leaves me with another problem:

Does anyone have any tips on how to get the those 2 plugs without taking some of the panels of the interior off? I doubt anyones worked on a 99 Specifically, but who knows. The space is really tight.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.