A Head Unit in a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT

Participant count
  • Participant list

warfront1

My current stock infinity system is ok.... But the cd player doesn't work all the time, and the tuner sounds like garbage..

When the cd player does work it sounds reasonably good...

Right now I'm trying to switch out my headunit just to be able to play cd's and ipods..

So does anyone know if I will run into any problems, because I have heard it is a pain to go from stock to a new system in this car.

Also if anyone has links to a picture diagram of the cars wiring that would be great, because I plan on putting a new system fully in within the next month.

I "had" the infinity system. I just stripped the wires twisted them together and tapped the hell out of them. Works perfectly fine. No extra gear needed at all besides some old wirecutters and some $3 electrical tape. It now runs the stock tweeters and center speaker along with my 2 Hifonics amps for my aftermarket Alpine mids and Kicker subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.