?? about hz

xclusiv3
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i no the SI mag is supposed to be tuned around 30hz something like that....

but yea since that is realllll low isnt that just straight SPL bass and wouldnt sound good with rap/reggae --what i listen to-- rap is between 40-50 if im not mistaken

so wudnt that sound bad???

i want the quality sound that can be heard clearly

also,

if you faced to of the mag 12's towards the back of the car would it create a lot of trunk rattle *NISSAN MAXIMA 06* or would it be better to face them inside the car.

tuning lower usually helps to bring out the lows as well as improve SQ (depending on the sub). You should be fine tuning in the low 30's with the mag. Trunk rattle is probably going to be inevitable with the subs firing any direction. There have been a couple articles written that would lean towards facing them toward the rear. Just deaden the trunk and it should help a great deal.

Tuning higher would usually be better for spl.

Tuning @ 30 in the right size box, properly built/designed...should sound awesome with about any kind of music.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif rap can go lower than 40hz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.

I would face em back, unless you're gonna seal off the entire trunk...then I dunno.

You're prolly gonna have some rattle with 2 mags ported //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.

your trunks gonna rattle no matter which way you face it, best bet is turn it different direction to see which way u like best, then buy some deadening.

i was talkin to the guy at ULTIMATE AUDIO---if you heard of them----and he was saying facing them back would cause extreme 'ghetto' rattle like lights rattling and basically not hearing the bass because of the rattling overall sounded like crap, according to him.

im trying to save my spare tire....

im asking if rap is 40-50 i wasnt sure but thanks for clarifying

properly built and designed box you basically mean to specs in airspace right...2 12's around 4 - 4.5 cubes

and the rattle from facing it towards the rear of the car could be solved with some sound deadener right?

THANKS A LOT I APPRECIATE THE INPUT!

whichever way is louder

I dont know if you listen to real reggae/ska or the crap that has come out recently.

If its real reggae/ska I know plenty of songs that dip into the low 30's or even 20's. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Facing them towards the rear will usually be significantly louder than facing into the cabin of the car. But testing each direction, if possible, if your best bet.

Sound deadening will definitely help with trunk rattle. Someone else already said this but you asked again so I am answering again.

And unless you are competing in SPL contests I would stay away from the higher box tunings. 32hz or so is right around where you want to be. It will still be loud and will sound better than if you tuned significantly higher.

I dont know if you listen to real reggae/ska or the crap that has come out recently.
If its real reggae/ska I know plenty of songs that dip into the low 30's or even 20's. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
ska? none of that. im talkin reggae bob marley kind reggae and rap.

alot of reggae i no is high because you can tell the difference in my stock system.

im not competing for Db's i juss want bump thats not only heard in the car but outside and also sounds good outside.

And unless you are competing in SPL contests I would stay away from the higher box tunings. 32hz or so is right around where you want to be. It will still be loud and will sound better than if you tuned significantly higher.
i dunno the guy from the shop said 30hz is incredibly low used in only competitions for 'burping' and only trying to get the highest Db's--i dont want that---i juss want straight up clean clear bump that will piss the guy next to me off.

Silly kid, you know nothing of ska.
The majority of bob marley (not just the few popular songs) IS ska.
no offense...im west indian and reggae and soca is what we listen to...i dont listen to that much of bob marley i listen to elephant man baby cham sizzla etc. but i doubt you know about that

when u say ska...i thought you mean the punk rock scene.

but back to the topic....wont these 'higher' songs play badly on the 30hz the mag should be tuned to??? like the majority of rap.

HAHAHAHA

West indian makes you an expert on Reggae and Ska yet you dont even know what Ska is? Then you name Reggae bands that are quite well known to anyone who knows anything about reggae past bob marley and wyclef...then state "but you dont know 'bout dat"

You also say reggae doesnt drop below 40Hz...wow

THEN you put the icing on the cake by showing you dont care if your music sounds like ****.

Listen to your elephant mand and sean paul and learn a little something about music before you go critisizing what people "know about" when you dont know them or have any idea how they grew up or what they grew up listening to after they try and offer some help.

HAHAHAHA
West indian makes you an expert on Reggae and Ska yet you dont even know what Ska is? Then you name Reggae bands that are quite well known to anyone who knows anything about reggae past bob marley and wyclef...then state "but you dont know 'bout dat"

You also say reggae doesnt drop below 40Hz...wow

THEN you put the icing on the cake by showing you dont care if your music sounds like ****.

Listen to your elephant mand and sean paul and learn a little something about music before you go critisizing what people "know about" when you dont know them or have any idea how they grew up or what they grew up listening to after they try and offer some help.
first of all i didnt say u dont no 'bout dat' i said i doubt you do...most people i no at my school have no idea who elephant man and sizzla are. i didnt say reggae doesnt drop below 40 i said im ASKING IF IT DOES ---if i knew i wudnt have started this post.

im not offering help buddy im asking for it. just because you listen to sumtin doesnt mean you no EVERY LAST THING about it---if you do then congrats 2 u!

if u grew up listening to reggae then thats great im glad u like it proves yer 1 of the few ppl i no besides family that even knows what that music is beyond 'wyclef and bob marley'

i didnt say i dont care if my music sounds like **** i said i wanna no IF IT WILL sound like **** tuned at such a low hz. im going on what THE GUY AT ULT. AUDIO told me would happen.

and if u tell me u havent bumped yer system at a stoplight or left sumwhere bumping it then wow...most ppl like to show off their system every so often.

u needa stop assuming cuz half of the stuff you said wuz taken way out of proportion and misinterpreted

im done with that now

BOB.jpg

WWMD?

(what would marley do?)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

xclusiv3

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
xclusiv3
Palm Coast *Just North of Daytona*
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date