Adire or Focal?

Pl8er
5,000+ posts

Can you solve it?
If you were looking at 6.5 components which would you rather have? A pair of koda's or polykevlar by focal? Has anyone heard the Koda's and how they stand up to a large variety of music? I listen to just about every type of music so I am looking for a speaker that can basically handle what you throw at it.

Thanks,

Justin

Ive said it before, and I'll say it again;) :

Originally posted by ss3079 We cant tell you what components to get. You need to listen to as many sets as possible in order to decide what you like. Some people hate MB Quart's tweeters...others love them...some hate the midbass...others love them. It really is personal preference. Therefore, I suggest you go to Circuit City(etc, your friends rides) and listen to as many component sets in your price range as possible. Keeping in mind that the acoustics in the show room are far different than those in your car, of course.

But since this isnt the case(probably not) with the Koda's...well, its kind of tough.

My vote? Koda's...probably.

- Steve:)

i'll go with focals... im sure koda's are pretty good, but i doubt it's better than focals.. focals is been around and well known...

Originally posted by jjoven1225 focals is been around and well known...
And? Sony has been around for ages, are they better than RE?

What about RF, they have been here for years and years, ED has been here for 1...which would you prefer?

I'm not hating on you, but you can't say focal is better because it's more well known...

I haven't heard the Koda's yet, so I can't judge...but if I had the money, I'd take the Koda's...

Originally posted by jjoven1225 i'll go with focals... im sure koda's are pretty good, but i doubt it's better than focals.. focals is been around and well known...
Longevity has nothing to do with quality, Koda's are pretty amazing speakers....I think it's a toss-up between them and the Polykevlars, all depends on your listening tastes....but simply because Adire hasn't been around for that long, doesn't mean they make bad equipment...

Originally posted by Pl8er If you were looking at 6.5 components which would you rather have? A pair of koda's or polykevlar by focal? Has anyone heard the Koda's and how they stand up to a large variety of music? I listen to just about every type of music so I am looking for a speaker that can basically handle what you throw at it.

Thanks,

Justin
All depends on application and listening tastes honestly... If you are purchasing without hearing, and choose focal - can you:

1. Have them, install them, and take up to 30 days to change your mind?

2. Be fully authorized?

3. Have a manufacturers warranty that covers them for 3 years?

Things to think about... (and then order from me of course! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif )

try to listen to them..........I had a problem I was looking for some 6x9's and i got some kicker 693's highs were very good...but even my old sony's had better mid bass everybody on here liked them and i can see why but i would have perferd something else so its on u try to get a listen in before u buy......... but i would suggest the kodas

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.