Alarm help needed.

Jodi

Here's what I'm after. I'd like an alarm that would work with my factory keyless remote and have the three following features: an anti-jacking sensor, a glass shattering sensor, and a pin for the trunk. Is there a manufacture that sells individual components to custom make my own? I've searched the net and can't seem to find what I'm after. Thanks.

first off what kind of car do you have?

if it is a newer car it most likely has an immbolizer built into the key. that shuts off the fuel pump if it does not get the correct code. so its kinda like a starter kill. a glass break sensor could be tied into your door triggers to set off the factory alarm. if it has an alarm. first check by rolling your windows down and arming the car then wait like a minute and unlock the door by reaching in through the window. if the horn honks then you have a factory alarm.

if it does not then you should just get an aftermarket alarm and buy all of the features seperate that you want. like the glass break sensor and a trunk or hood pin to be installed.

dei makes most of the accesorys that you would want

If you really want to keep your factory remotes, you can get a Hornet 727T. It's a DEI product, basically an alarm system that works with the factory keyless entry. It has onboard starter kill and shock sensor, and you can purchase a glass breakage sensor and tilt sensor to work with it. There's usually a factory trunk pin you can tap into; if not, you just need a basic pin switch or mercury switch.

Im telling you thats too much work for such a little thing. Spend about 300 if you want to install it yourself and you can get a 2 way remote starter, keyless entry, security center, and trunk popper, all on an LCD screen.

Its the way to ride - Viper 791XV thats what i got in my car, i love it

Thanks for the responses guys. It's an '04 Pontiac GTO. I don't care about the cost, it's just that I can care less about remote starting and such. Also, I want it to work with the factory key fob due to the size of the GTO key, it's quite large(btw, it does have a factory alarm). The remote features are on the key fob, hence, I do not want another remote hanging on my key chain. I may have found what I'm looking for.

any high end aftermarket system can do all that your factory system can do plus a whole lot more. honestly go aftermarket, the car manufacturers make cars thats what they do. companies like dei make security systems, think about it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.