Alpine 7893 + CD-TEXT = ****?

Do you have to engage cd text on your alpine or is it automatic? Eclipse automatically displays cd text, and the clarion that I am using right now just has to have the display set to show text. I dunno, I would check the owner's manual.

Originally posted by Jmac Did you burn using "Disc-At-Once" method or similar ? That's the only way for it to actually write text to the disc ...
Good point. I had assumed(bad word, I know), that he had done that. You must burn disc at once(and click the cd text box).

Originally posted by IowaBoomer Then the 7893 must not support it, because I am doing everything that you guys are saying.
Does your owner's manual say it supports it? I assumed you already knew that the deck was supposed to support it.

I had the 7893, and it does not read cd text. the cd text it is talking about is its ability to hold disc names that you input. If you have the patience to sit there and enter in your disc names, then it will save them, although i think it only holds like 25. So then you probably know that if you ever lose your constant power, you lose all your titles too.

Also, the manual covers several other models, so you may have been looking at the wrong one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.