Damaged alpine type r

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chris Gerrish

CarAudio.com Newbie
canada
Hi so I’m looking into buying these type r from marketplace it’s a pretty good deal but only cause there’s damage to them. Says there’s chips and this is the only pic I have at the moment but looks like a hole. If it’s a hole are they still worth buying? And if that’s just cosmetic damage but there’s other little chips is that also make them not worth it? Price is 150 Canadian for two 10” type r in box with 2k watt amp. I don’t mind if it ruins quality like 5% or something but if it totally ruins it I will pass. Any help appreciated, thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7544.png
    IMG_7544.png
    261.2 KB · Views: 1
What is the amp's brand? If you get one good sub and amp for $150, totally worth it.
This is it says it’s only like 200$ brand new. That’s what I was thinking too even if it’s just one perfect sub cause those things go for at least 500$ each new here. I’ve seen other type r on marketplace too so I could get another but would cost another 150 for it or more lol

Attachments

• IMG_7545.png
    IMG_7545.png
    424.5 KB · Views: 1
This is it says it’s only like 200$ brand new. That’s what I was thinking too even if it’s just one perfect sub cause those things go for at least 500$ each new here. I’ve seen other type r on marketplace too so I could get another but would cost another 150 for it or more lol
The amp is not really a gem but will get you bumping. The busted cone can be overlaid with a concave dustcap and speaker surround adhesive. You can even post the amp later for an upgrade. I started out with less and was very happy. So for $150 I would buy it. First ask if they can show the combo working.

The Type R subs are a really great sub. Deff ask about a DMM reading or take a DMM and check them. Dust Caps can be replaced as stated and hopefully non of the surrounds are damaged. Id snagg the subs. That amp isnt the best of all made, but as stated it will get you bumping. I am sure its 2 ohm stable. Had a friend run one on mids and it served surprisingly well for as cheap as it is. Id at least go take a look at them in operation

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...