Alpine IDA HUs with IMPRINT (PXA-H100)

[DT]
10+ year member

Howdy Folks!

I'm running a IDA-X100 which I like quite a bit (since all my audio stays on an iPOD or USB drive). I'll be running a Sundown 100.4D, and some decent components (thinking maybe DLS R6As), plus eventually a single 10" sub. I plan on keeping the components passive (at least for now).

Since I want to get solid SQ, are there any downsides to the PXA? The cost isn't really much in the grand scheme of the whole system (I see them for ~$75-85 pretty regularly). I understand it also lets you run the KTX outboard tuning system.

Big differences in SQ? Is the KTX some good Voodoo or do you really need a audio pro do dial it in?

Thanks!

the only thing the ktx does is give you the ability to have the system auto-tune itself, which is usually crap.

I have the Alpine IDA-x100 and imprint sound processor, I have not used the mic but the sound processor really makes the deck awesome! You need them both together but the end result is sweet!!!!

I had an IDA-X100+ PXA-H100 up until sometime last night *cough*. Smash n grab, they didn't even look any harder to find my ipod and Oakleys. I found the auto-tune part of it to not work as well as I'd like, though if you get the H100, you might as well spend the extra $25 or whatever it was for the software and mic to plug it in and play with it. So really I ended up with the H100 just to use the presets and more power to the outputs.

Now that I'm in the market for a new HU, I'm look around. I might get a X305 since it's basically just an updated X100, but I hate how Alpine rips you off. You pay $350 for that and get a "2 band EQ" and no BT. I can pay the same amount or a little less and get a Pioneer or Kenwood that will give me more EQs and BT built-in. The screen won't look as good though. I'd think about an IXA-W404, but I keep reading comments that the dumb thing can't even tell the correct time. Oh well, I'll keep looking, just thought it was funny that this was the top thread when I came on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.