Alpine IVE-W535HD Install Question

VaiFanatic

Hey all, new member here,

I bought the Alpine IVE-W535HD yesterday to put into my 1984 Mercedes-Benz 500SE.

My question is, can I bypass the brake-safety features by simply not wiring them up?

Thanks!

ETA: I don't intend to watch any movies, so that's not the reason. It's a 28 year old car, and I'd rather not wire it up to the parking brake, and from what I've heard, you won't be able to adjust the equalizer (Bass, fade, balance, etc.), without this particular circuit being completed. Apparently you can't ground it out anymore due to an internal gyroscope.

If the video aspect was the only thing I'd be losing, then that would be quite okay with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
id love to know this is as well, i'm installing the same unit and was wondering what i could use to wire that parking brake? could i use a relay or hook it to the remote wire?

Did anyone ever figure this out? Seems ridiculous that you wouldn't be able to adjust the sound settings.. I want this head unit but if it's not possible to bypass the brake safety thing I might have to look else where.

So with the PAC TR7 hooked up, its like the brake procedure doesn't even exist? Also, how are you liking that unit?? Any pros/cons? Are there delays in the mp3 tag info/album art loading when you change tracks?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.