Alpine / Kenwood 505 vs 7120

Participant count
  • Participant list

Myster
10+ year member

Looking for a new double din and am even more stuck with all the threads i've read! Im stuck between the w505 w/ P1 (nav/bt connection) or the 7120 w/bt module...

Got rid of my 5520 and wasnt impressed with the Sirius/Nav functions and those will be my big areas of concern.

Which way to go?

By 5520 did you typo that and mean 5120 as in Kenwood DNX5120 or did you mean the Eclipse AVN5520?

If it was the DNX5120, the Sirius and Nav will be virtually identical on the DNX7120.

Comparing the W505 and the DNX7120, the nav is regarded as better on the Kenwood being Garmin-based. However it's the same nav on the DNX5120, so if it was a 5120 you were talking about, go with the Alpine. If it was the Eclipse you were talking about, then yeah most people say the nav is better on Kenwood than Alpine.

Sirius I can't comment on as I haven't used it really. Download the manuals for the W505 and DNX7120 and/or their respective Sirius tuner accessories. Check out the sat radio section of the respective owner's manuals and that should give you a good idea of how they operate. Of course if you can try them out in a store that's even better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.