Alpine spx-177a

Participant count
  • Participant list

VoTran24
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Bay Area
well i just finished installing the 1771a's. So far i think that they sound pretty good. I think that they sound better than than the cl-61's that i had in my truck a few months ago ( i took the cl61a's out because i felt that my stock speakers sounded better) and the 177a's definately sound better than my stock speakers. Its VERY clear. not as much midbass as i wanted, but i just ordered some edead v3 last night so i hope that it its gonna help my midbass a little. I've only listened to the speakers for about 20 minutes, so im gonna mess with the crossovers and do a lil tweaking to see if i can make them sound better. The crossover have several adjustments. you can adjust the tweeter and the woofer separately. theres also this other thing where you can adjust the frequency or something so that it matches with where your speakers are. If you have your speakers in a kick panel then it sugguest that you adjust the x-over a certain way so that you get optimum imaging and if you have the speakers in the stock location (a pillar and door for me) then you can adjust it so that you can get optimun imaging.. I'm still kinda new to this so i dont know all the terms and stuff, but im just going by how it sounds to ME.

The only thing that i didnt like about this is the bigass crossover and a lil more midbass would have been nice. I heard that the 177r''s have more midbass but they cost a little more.

Im not saying that this speaker set sound better than the cl-61a's or the cl-61's are better than the 177a's. I think that the x-over feauture was the main thing that made them sound so much nicer to me because i have my speakers in the stock locations. overall i am happy with this set Someone got me these as a gift but if i knew beforehand that they would make my music sound this much clearer, I would have paid for them.

Now im just waiting for the 13ov2 to ship to pair up with the 500/1 i have coming to me in a few days.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

VoTran24

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
VoTran24
Bay Area
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies