Alpine SPX-17PRO release date

I never said they were exact, I said they looked like a smaller version of the scan speaks.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

P.S

Looks like you didnt find them...so your pie hole better be shut untill you can proove me wrong.

There's nothing to find. I was just pointing out that your "costs $1200 to buy the drivers" is very very wrong.

The best proof I have for you is that the Scan tweeter you linked to has a motor structure larger than the whole Alpine tweeter. The only similarity I can see is the waveguide on the dome, but that has a lot less to do with performance than the motor does.

this might be the perfect time for me to sell my old Alpine F1 status 3 ways...gonna have to go dig thru the storage. they are a 2004/5 model with the "amp size" x-overs that light up and ****.

There's nothing to find. I was just pointing out that your "costs $1200 to buy the drivers" is very very wrong.
The best proof I have for you is that the Scan tweeter you linked to has a motor structure larger than the whole Alpine tweeter. The only similarity I can see is the waveguide on the dome, but that has a lot less to do with performance than the motor does.
ya ya...

Im quite aware that the tweeter is not close, no need to tell me something I already knew 8 months ago.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

Don't know if this helps clear up the debate of which tweeters they are. Seems as if the new SPX-17PRO tweeters might bethe previous model F#1 Status tweeters, and those are likely an offshoot of the R2904 Revelator tweeter.

Tweeter - again unique to Alpine - we retooled the chamber for integrated terminals. Our front plate is custom, although other brands do this too. The phase plug was also shortened, to increase safety in a car crash, as it made little difference to the sound.
from: http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/archive/index.php/t-62866.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.