Alpine subs

Could have sworn you were the JL fanboy. My mistake.
thats exactly the **** i hate, just because i ran all JL products in a setup, every time i recommend JL its not because they are the better option, its cause i'm JL fanboy?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

thats exactly the **** i hate, just because i ran all JL products in a setup, every time i recommend JL its not because they are the better option, its cause i'm JL fanboy?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
Life goes on, little buddy.

should went with type x for sq. but idk how 600wrms would do on them. wouldn't justify the price.
WTF? 2 type-x's on 600watts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif those are 500$ a pop subs.
No one gives good advice on this forum anymore.
.#1 a 2 type-x's will run you about the same in price as 4 w3's.
#2 op has 600 watts to work with which isn't enough for even 1 type-x.

#3 type-x's aren't exactly output beasts. you will get more output out of the 2 w3's on that power.
He only said they were a better option for sound quality he even said that 600 watt wouldnt do them and it wouldnt justify the price.

He only said they were a better option for sound quality he even said that 600 watt wouldnt do them and it wouldnt justify the price.
understood. but you should understand why i said what i said too, it wasnt good advice for homeboy.

understood. but you should understand why i said what i said too, it wasnt good advice for homeboy.
It wasn't even advice, he was saying what else he could've gone with and gave the pros and cons. A mere suggestion that you placed way too much value on to make your point. Which turns out to be..."can't do it better than JLs duh duh duh"

Congratulations...you just like every other person who has a false sense that their system is THE SH!T. W3's BLOW
Don't recall me every saying or acting like my system is the ****...maybe you should learn how to read and comprehend ****. Sorry I can't be as cool or know as much about stereo equipment as you.

Don't recall me every saying or acting like my system is the ****...maybe you should learn how to read and comprehend ****. Sorry I can't be as cool or know as much about stereo equipment as you.
in his defense W3s do blow. They sound better than the type Rs but not louder. So IMHO, both blows

I guess I could have gone with the Image Dynamic 12's but they are rated at 300 rms which is good for what I have now but then Id have to replace them if i got a bigger amp. As far as the tr7500 go, I probably would be better off with the tr5500 but my last subs were mtx thunder series and I liked them but wanted to try something different.

As state earlier, my amp is a mono 2ohm mtx, and this might be a stupid question but I'm gonna ask anyway. which way do I connect two 2ohm single voice coil subs to a mono 2 ohm amp to create a 2 ohms? I know its a dumb question but most of the wiring diagrams I have been looking at don't show that and the only one that did was wiring it in parallel which would be 1ohm but have heard that its not advisable to do that.

I had first gen R-10's sealed in my buick regal and I ran 1K each to them. sounded great. I doubt they would sound great off 600watts. I played rap and low bass tracks.

I have had friends with JL 10's ported with 400watt and they sounded great.

in 92 My brother had MTX 10's in his truck and those sounded great, loud. musically

Just pick something and do a great job with the install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.