Alpine Type-R 12 Vs. American Bass XFL 12

Well jeffdachef summed it up pretty **** good so the real question is do you get a xfl or sa 12" that to me is more of a comparison
Guess so haha but he made it seem like in his first reply that the xfl's dont reach their peak until 3.5 k RMS total between the two. So does that mean it'd be a waste to have them on only 2k RMS? What would the sa 12's peak at? 3.5k RMS as well? Or would their peak be 2k total between the two of them?

Kinda seems like including a new alternator, tons of 1/0 and fuses, extra battery, and a high power amp and high power handling subs, a good 2 12's on 2000rms clean would cost about 2 grand total, am I right?

Kinda seems like including a new alternator, tons of 1/0 and fuses, extra battery, and a high power amp and high power handling subs, a good 2 12's on 2000rms clean would cost about 2 grand total, am I right?
Sounds about right (big 3, alternator, and a good AGM battery will be about 800 dollars). Good 2000RMS korean board will be about 400 to 500 depending on brand. Subs depends on how good you want them ($360-400 might get you a decent pair of Chinese subs like the American bass XR/XFL or Soundqubed HDS312. 600 dollars would get you a pair of good american subs like the SSA ICON).

Guess so haha but he made it seem like in his first reply that the xfl's dont reach their peak until 3.5 k RMS total between the two. So does that mean it'd be a waste to have them on only 2k RMS? What would the sa 12's peak at? 3.5k RMS as well? Or would their peak be 2k total between the two of them?
I said similar output but if you want more it can handle more, the rest of what i said relates to the woofer's longevity. It doesnt mean the xfl needs 3500 to get louder than a type R. It will do fine on 2k

On how much RMS for that?
They use to be 400RMS each but the new ones that came out a few months ago (revision number 3) got bumped to 500RMS.
If you don't want to go all out with electrical then put two of them in a custom ported box and it will still get loud (you won't be setting records with it but you will definitely know its there).

They use to be 400RMS each but the new ones that came out a few months ago (revision number 3) got bumped to 500RMS.
If you don't want to go all out with electrical then put two of them in a custom ported box and it will still get loud (you won't be setting records with it but you will definitely know its there).
Would they be able to handle 1500 RMS total? Because part of me wants to redo my old system that I had in my mustang. My voltage never dropped below 13.5 on 1500 rms, that's what the birth sheet said. Although the stock mustang alt is 135amps, would that really make that much of a difference?

Would they be able to handle 1500 RMS total? Because part of me wants to redo my old system that I had in my mustang. My voltage never dropped below 13.5 on 1500 rms, that's what the birth sheet said. Although the stock mustang alt is 135amps, would that really make that much of a difference?
You arent getting 1500 to the subs at all man. Theres a thing called box/impedance rise. Your actual real world power is somewhere between your 2 to 4 ohm rating for your amp if you are wired to 1 ohm.

Only way you see 1500 is if you have a 1500.1bdcp regulated internal power supply amp that holds power steady even after box rise.

You arent getting 1500 to the subs at all man. Theres a thing called box/impedance rise. Your actual real world power is somewhere between your 2 to 4 ohm rating for your amp if you are wired to 1 ohm.
Only way you see 1500 is if you have a 1500.1bdcp regulated internal power supply amp
I've heard of box/impedance rise before. How come people don't wire their subs lower than 1ohm then since they know the impedance will rise up anyways? Is that a good idea?

I've heard of box/impedance rise before. How come people don't wire their subs lower than 1ohm then since they know the impedance will rise up anyways? Is that a good idea?
Lots of people wire to half ohm daily bro. You arent in the scene enough lol. Some amps cant actually handle a true 1 ohm resisistive load though. Mainly zenon korean made amps are strong enough to be wired down to .25 ohms or lower.

Also most people dont have a proper electrical system to run half ohm. Efficiency goes down quite a bit unless your voltages are high which helps that aspect out a bit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.