Alpine type s vs. Kicker CVX

RokintypeRs
10+ year member

Missouri
Just wondering I am running 2 12 inch alpine type S subwoofers in a ported box with a Hifonics BE1700.1D. The type s are SWS-12D4 the New type s 2012 model and I am wondering if 2 kicker CVX's 2012 will hit harder with the amp I have. They hit hard but I am overpowering each woofer by about 350 watts or so and the cvx's will only be overpowered by about 100. Thanks.

IMHO, I don't really like recommending the mainstream stuff. A lot of the big companies have been compromised by cheap parts and overseas labor just to save the company some money, so I just don't think they're as dependable as other brands. However, if I were to give my input, I'd also lean you towards Pioneer. I've got a friend with a set and, for budget subs, they actually sound pretty good. The champions can sound pretty good on only 500w, and the Pro-champs sound even better on 1000w a piece. Plus, like NIHL8ION said - they're not too expensive.

(By the way, a discussion like this probably belongs in the 'Subwoofers' category instead of the classifieds. This section is more for people trying to sell subs.)
Thanks I"m new to this site so I was trying to get a quick reply from someone lol

Two SA 12D4 Sundown Audio 12" DVC 4 Ohm SA Pro Loud Bass Subwoofers Subs Pair | eBay

Skar Audio VVX 12 V2 D2 12" 600W RMS Dual 2 Ohm Car Subwoofer Bass Speaker New | eBay

you cant go wrong with a pair of sa 12's, i've heard a bunch of dual sa setups, they all get LOUD, not the best for sq but im sure you'd be happy, as for a pair of skars people will bash me for even stating its very name but i have a single vvx 12 set up and it gets LOW with no problems on roughly 850 watts rms daily, the skars dont get as loud at the sa's but both are great drivers, either pair will do good in the right enclosure, if 229 is your budget per sub i would go with one of these pairs man, my .02

For what you say on those Pioneer's I was looking at them and they look very good. I haven't really heard of them though. If theyre RMS is 1000 and my amp is 1700 watts at 1 ohm, I would be underpowering them by 150 watts each and IMO, thats a bad thing, I was told never to underpower ANYTHING because it builds up heat too quickly and it will end up blowing. is this true? If not then I might as well lol.
Whoever told you that underpowering will hurt anything is a complete idiot. If that was the true you'd have to play your equipment at full tilt 100% of the time that you have it on to not damage it.

For what you say on those Pioneer's I was looking at them and they look very good. I haven't really heard of them though. If theyre RMS is 1000 and my amp is 1700 watts at 1 ohm, I would be underpowering them by 150 watts each and IMO, thats a bad thing, I was told never to underpower ANYTHING because it builds up heat too quickly and it will end up blowing. is this true? If not then I might as well lol.
I have NEVER had any issues under-powering subs in my life. As long as they are in the correct enclosure with the correct settings, and you are feeding them clean signal, you will not have an issue. I have personally ran a TS-W3002D2 on 600w rms for well over an entire year and yes - It's rated at 1000 - Not ever a single problem. I then took that same sub and gave it 1200 for months on end without a problem as well... Those subs will slam off of your amp, and they even sound good in most pre-fab ported enclosures - Get an Obcon labyrinth slot ported box with 1.65 - 1.85 cu ft. per sub ($50-$60) and buy 2 - TS-W3002D4 ($220-$240) for a total of $270-$300 topps. Wire The subs in parallel down to 2 ohms per sub, then in parallel together for a final load of 1 ohm. Hook them up to your amp & adjust accordingly. Break them in for a bit before you really push on em hard. You will be amazed by how awesome those subs sound for the money:cool:

I have NEVER had any issues under-powering subs in my life. As long as they are in the correct enclosure with the correct settings, and you are feeding them clean signal, you will not have an issue. I have personally ran a TS-W3002D2 on 600w rms for well over an entire year and yes - It's rated at 1000 - Not ever a single problem. I then took that same sub and gave it 1200 for months on end without a problem as well... Those subs will slam off of your amp, and they even sound good in most pre-fab ported enclosures - Get an Obcon labyrinth slot ported box with 1.65 - 1.85 cu ft. per sub ($50-$60) and buy 2 - TS-W3002D4 ($220-$240) for a total of $270-$300 topps. Wire The subs in parallel down to 2 ohms per sub, then in parallel together for a final load of 1 ohm. Hook them up to your amp & adjust accordingly. Break them in for a bit before you really push on em hard. You will be amazed by how awesome those subs sound for the money:cool:
Man sounds like you know your stuff. Yeah I had never heard of those Pioneers. I think I'm going to go for 2 of those thanks again!

Two SA 12D4 Sundown Audio 12" DVC 4 Ohm SA Pro Loud Bass Subwoofers Subs Pair | eBay
Skar Audio VVX 12 V2 D2 12" 600W RMS Dual 2 Ohm Car Subwoofer Bass Speaker New | eBay

you cant go wrong with a pair of sa 12's, i've heard a bunch of dual sa setups, they all get LOUD, not the best for sq but im sure you'd be happy, as for a pair of skars people will bash me for even stating its very name but i have a single vvx 12 set up and it gets LOW with no problems on roughly 850 watts rms daily, the skars dont get as loud at the sa's but both are great drivers, either pair will do good in the right enclosure, if 229 is your budget per sub i would go with one of these pairs man, my .02
This, cheaper than CVX's and far superior, CVX's will get loud, but sound like absolute poop.

Man you guys are giving me great advice glad I came here!

Man sounds like you know your stuff. Yeah I had never heard of those Pioneers. I think I'm going to go for 2 of those thanks again!
You won't be sorry, These subs sound sick for the money, nothing compares for the price... They get down nasty low and the sq is pretty **** good. I've been running these pioneers in my own and customer setups for years - Best bang for the buck hands down

Alright. SA-12D4 or TS-W3002D4???????
SA's bro, shitss gets LOUD in the right box, two SA's in 4 cubes at 33-35 hz will slam, i run a single skar and i love how it murders the lows, have mine in 2 cubes at 32 hz thats my taste, getting low, the SA's will get low but will require a little bit more power, but on clean power the SA's can take 1000 rms if its a clean signal and food electrical

SA's bro, shitss gets LOUD in the right box, two SA's in 4 cubes at 33-35 hz will slam, i run a single skar and i love how it murders the lows, have mine in 2 cubes at 32 hz thats my taste, getting low, the SA's will get low but will require a little bit more power, but on clean power the SA's can take 1000 rms if its a clean signal and food electrical
Ordered both of them couldnt decide lol. I'll try out and see which ones are good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.